A difficult time

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
kirolak

Re: A difficult time

Post by kirolak » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:57 pm

May I just add my voice to all those who have expressed solidarity & sympathy/empathy with you & your situation. . . none of us can really imagine what you are going through, but please know that I, along with many others, are thinking of you & wishing you the very best outcome for all. My own little problems have paled by comparison. . . . .

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Thank you kirolak. The caring and support makes it a little easier. It is appreciated.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S
'99 G.V. Rubio Estudio, Cedar, Palo Escrito

dory

Post by dory » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:01 am

I am very very sorry to hear the latest news. I will still hope for a miracle for you but it sounds like at this point it will have to be a miracle. All I can say is that we are all with you. I just wish we could take turns being with you physically so we could cook you meals bring you coffee and run errands. Since we can't do that all I can do is send my very warmest thoughts.
Dory

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Thank you Dory. Actually, what you describe is what I will be doing for Jenny. Cooking, taking care of her apartment, driving her to Doctor's appointments and treatments. It will keep me busy and focused on something. I appreciate your kind thoughts.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:30 pm

Michael, I am sorry that your family is going through this. You are a good Dad. You will never regret what you are doing for your daughter. Our kids are our kids for as long as we live. It's hard. May God bless you and your whole family.

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Laudiesdad69 wrote:Michael, I am sorry that your family is going through this. You are a good Dad. You will never regret what you are doing for your daughter. Our kids are our kids for as long as we live. It's hard. May God bless you and your whole family.
Thank you. And are correct I will never regret doing what I'm doing. I would deeply regret it if I didn't.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

mmapag

Re: A difficult time-Update

Post by mmapag » Mon May 29, 2017 2:34 pm

Friends, for the first time in 2 years, we got very good news regarding my daughter's cancer treatment. 3 months ago, after being told if they couldn't find something to slow down and stop her progression, she has life expectancy of 6 months, she took a totally new direction with new medical team at City of Hope in Los Angeles. They utilized a chemo drug carboplatin. Additionally, she increased her cannabis oil to 3 grams per day of high THC oil. She also began using a supplement Beta Glucan 3D, which is an all natural substance that is an immuno-modifyer.

In her scan 2 weeks ago, tumors were gone from her liver, brain, spine, clavicle and hips. There were spots on her femur that did not uptake the solution, likely scar tissue and not live tumors. The spots in her breast and lungs were substantially reduced. The doctor estimated 90% reduction in volume and mass of tumors. 90%!!

I am still having trouble wrapping my my brain around this 2 weeks later. Her treatment continues but it appears she will remain with us for awhile. Thank you so much to those who have provided support of all kinds, moral and tangible. It has been appreciated!
Michael
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

mmapag

Re: A difficult time-Update

Post by mmapag » Mon May 29, 2017 2:35 pm

dory wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:01 am
I am very very sorry to hear the latest news. I will still hope for a miracle for you but it sounds like at this point it will have to be a miracle. All I can say is that we are all with you. I just wish we could take turns being with you physically so we could cook you meals bring you coffee and run errands. Since we can't do that all I can do is send my very warmest thoughts.
It seems we may have gotten that miracle!
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

astro64

Post by astro64 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:21 pm

That is amazing news, congratulations!!

riffmeister

Post by riffmeister » Mon May 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Wow, this is such good news!!!

Peskyendeavour

Post by Peskyendeavour » Mon May 29, 2017 3:36 pm

Michael, I am sending my best wishes, having only just joined this community not long, I was not here to offer support earlier, so was not able to follow this through all the way, but do update with the ups and downs, I know from my own experience it is a roller coaster, and I hope that this miracle is as good as it sounds! :) I shall await with baited breath for further updates. God bless. (however you may wish to interpret the word God) I hope this is received in peace and positive vibes are sent your way.

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Mon May 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Thanks to all!!
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

MessyTendon

Post by MessyTendon » Mon May 29, 2017 4:37 pm

It's the cannabis oil doing the work. CBD oil...no thc needed. Good stuff. Don't let the stupid oncologists push new drugs. Cytotoxic drugs do nothing but destroy the kidneys/liver/spleen tissues.

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Mon May 29, 2017 4:48 pm

MessyTendon wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 4:37 pm
It's the cannabis oil doing the work. CBD oil...no thc needed. Good stuff. Don't let the stupid oncologists push new drugs. Cytotoxic drugs do nothing but destroy the kidneys/liver/spleen tissues.
Usually I would agree. I was a sceptic for each round of chemo. It is her choice of course. She's a 33 year old woman. I voiced my opinion but then gave her unconditional support when she made her choices. In this case, per her doctors, there is anecdotal evidence that shows remarkable results with Carboplatin and high dose, high THC cannabis oil in women with ER+, PR+, HER-. It doesn't happen in all cases but occasionally does. Of course, it has not been the subject of a formal study.

In her case it worked like a charm. I do have grave concerns about the future effects of the chemo. But, there would have been no future if something had not worked. She had done high dose 1/1, CBD/THC cannabis oil for 5 month before her last scan which showed rapid progression. After that scan in January, she went from 1 gram per day 1/1 to 3 grams per day high THC.

As you can see, the answers are not always so simple. Nor is it completely clear or definitive what caused the change in direction. But, this formula is working for now and this scan was only 3 months into a 6 month treatment schedule.
Last edited by mmapag on Mon May 29, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

Guitar-ded

Post by Guitar-ded » Mon May 29, 2017 4:54 pm

Excellent news Michael.
Fingers crossed it's an upward path from here on.
Our thoughts are with you.
Getting better bit by bit, day by day.

Return to “The Café”