If You Were to Choose Another Instrument to Dedicate Yourself to What Would it be?

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
ddray

Re: If You Were to Choose Another Instrument to Dedicate Yourself to What Would it be?

Post by ddray » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:08 am

spanishguitarmusic wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:48 pm
I would choose to play the piano! I've always enjoyed to listen to classical piano music, but I haven't learned to play piano. :bye:
Do it! ;) Honestly, I think if you can play guitar, you can play the piano. You *usually* don't have to form your fingers into pretzels for one thing. :D I guess the biggest challenge would be getting used to reading the grand staff.

rguitar

Re: If You Were to Choose Another Instrument to Dedicate Yourself to What Would it be?

Post by rguitar » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:56 pm

Cello. Love the sound, and I always thought it was way cooler to carry a cello on your back than lugging around a guitar case.

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:37 am

ddray wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:08 am
spanishguitarmusic wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:48 pm
I would choose to play the piano! I've always enjoyed to listen to classical piano music, but I haven't learned to play piano. :bye:
Do it! ;) Honestly, I think if you can play guitar, you can play the piano. You *usually* don't have to form your fingers into pretzels for one thing. :D I guess the biggest challenge would be getting used to reading the grand staff.
:merci: I was thinking some day to learn the piano, maybe! :bye:

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:44 am

rguitar wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:56 pm
Cello. Love the sound, and I always thought it was way cooler to carry a cello on your back than lugging around a guitar case.
Yes, when I bought a hard guitar case, I was a bit horrified at how heavy it was with the guitar in it. You'd think they'd design all guitar cases to be wearable on your back.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

dory

Post by dory » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:21 pm

I said piano earlier but I realize I might be tempted by the harp.
Dory

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:45 pm

I would not say no to the trumpet if I could be another Miles Davis.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:45 pm

another instrument?
how about electric guitar?
fretless guitar?
microtonal guitar?
10 string guitar?
slide guitar?
I'd better speak by music...Please listen Andrei Krylov at Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon Prime etc. Thanks!

Evocacion

Post by Evocacion » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:57 pm

There is a vast range of more exotic instruments in use in other countries. China, for example, has instruments such as the guzheng (a sort of zither/harp), the erhu (a two-stringed violin), wind instruments like the bamboo flute, various plucked string instruments like the ruan and pipa, and a whole host of others. You can see a number of them being played in this video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqhLZGGWHNA

My choice would be the guzheng... Like the CG, it is great for solos.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRr9nQWJDxc

Pill

Post by Pill » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:47 pm

the saxophone

slidika

Post by slidika » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Piano, since I already play it. However, if I had to choose an instrument that I do not have experience with, I probably would choose mandolin.
Whenever I am not ready for my music lesson, I call it 'facing the music'.

chiral3

Post by chiral3 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:49 am

A tree falls the way it leans. - The Lorax

ddray

Post by ddray » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:55 am

That sounds like the soundtrack to my life right now :lol:

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:16 pm

I guess either piano or mandolin. Well, I actually think I will try mandolin some day.

Return to “The Café”