Opinions on Bellucci guitars

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Omar Garcia

Opinions on Bellucci guitars

Postby Omar Garcia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi everyone, does anyone have experience with Bellucci
Guitars? Do they sound and play as good as they look?
What about the beveled fretboard?
Thanks for your feedback.

Pat Dodson

Re: Opinions on Bellucci guitars

Postby Pat Dodson » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Whoohoo! This could be fun! :contrat:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=78146

Kent

Postby Kent » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:45 pm

simonm
Amateur luthier

Postby simonm » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:26 pm

From the thread Pat mentioned …

choro wrote:Try the search function, with the words Bellucci guitars...there are so many bad reviews about Bellucci in this forum and all over the world. (...) ...

I would say that 99% of Bellucci posts here are negative.

Joe de V

Postby Joe de V » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:00 pm

A friend that is a Bellucci guitar player told me that they are "very nice looking" instruments that could compete in the CG market but never at the price they are now listing them. He consider them one step above a beginner's CG but if you have a budget starting at $1,000. you should look elsewhere.The one he plays he bought Used for $300.

tom0311
Amateur luthier

Postby tom0311 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Wouldn't go anywhere near them. Even if they produce the odd good guitar, it's not worth the risk, seeing as nearly all the feedback on here is dreadful, and a lot of the good reviews seem to be from 'fake' accounts.
“There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats.”

souldier

Postby souldier » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:35 pm

There are definitely still those enticed with Bellucci guitars, as this thread proves. The bellucci website is attractive and professional and looks better than it did years back when I first stumbled upon it. The pictures of the guitars look exotic and unique, and the descriptions are seductive to say the least. Sometimes when I am bored, I go to his website just to read some of the awe inspiring poetry used to describe the guitars he is selling :D.

There is already plenty of information on the forum and on the internet that should warn individuals to beware. For Omar's sake and others who may seek to purchase a Bellucci, I can reiterate my first hand experience with two bellucci guitars. Years back when seeking to upgrade my lowly $100 classical guitar (A Vantage VIC-2G made in Indonesia), I stumbled on the Bellucci website. I was honestly intrigued but knew these guitars were well out of my price range. A friend who collects a lot of steel string guitars happened to have 2 bellucci guitars and he was willing to sell me one, so I thought I could get the guitar of my dreams at a really good deal. In short, I went over to his house, tried both guitars, and to my dismay found that my $100 guitar sounded superior to the two Bellucci's... taking a closer look I also noticed serious workmanship flaws like overly thick and unevenly applied lacquer, and the wood still looked fresh under the finish, as if the tree had just been cut a few hours before turning it into a guitar!

Other online reviews have confirmed my experience and the integrity of Mr. Bellucci has proved to be highly questionable. I don't seek to defame anyone or any business, but I do find it necessary to warn anyone who might become an easy victim. I don't know if his guitars have improved over the years, but it is just far to risky for anyone to try and find out when they are much better alternatives out there.
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

Guitar-ded

Postby Guitar-ded » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:55 pm

Omar,

If you haven't read it already it you might want to search for ' Savage Classical Bellucci '.
Rich Sayage who owns Savage Classical Guitars has an item on his blog regarding Mr Belucci and his guitars. It makes interesting reading.
There was a time when just mentioning Mr Bellucci here would get four pages of diatribe within an hour but things seem to be a bit more relaxed now.
Getting better bit by bit, day by day.

soltirefa

Postby soltirefa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:44 am

Pat Dodson wrote:Whoohoo! This could be fun! :contrat:

Omg, on page 6 of that thread is a link to a YT video of a woman having just received her new guitar and seeing those thick golpeadores, and this is her second Bellucci??? Whatever happened to, "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?"

Omar Garcia

Postby Omar Garcia » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:23 am

Many thanks to everyone for their opinions and advice.
Very valuable.

Contreras

Postby Contreras » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:57 pm

"They're worse than they sound"

OK, Woody Allen said this about Wagner ...
Any philosophy that can be put in a nutshell belongs in one.

Omar Garcia

Postby Omar Garcia » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Again, many thanks. I guess as in all things it's "buyer
Beware ". In this case it looks like: " buyer, run like a bat
Out of hell"

Justfun

Postby Justfun » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Omar,

You can order from the any of the Luthiers here or look for the guitars on sale.

Good Luck.

Fred
Richard Reynoso, Cypress \ Spruce 2016
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

Omar Garcia

Postby Omar Garcia » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Thx Fred.

tom0311
Amateur luthier

Postby tom0311 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:17 pm

soltirefa wrote:
Pat Dodson wrote:Whoohoo! This could be fun! :contrat:

Omg, on page 6 of that thread is a link to a YT video of a woman having just received her new guitar and seeing those thick golpeadores, and this is her second Bellucci??? Whatever happened to, "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?"

Poor woman. Those golpeadores could stop bullets. I guess the bling is the reason people buy them. I guess they don't bother trying any other luthier guitars before they buy.
“There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats.”

Return to “The Café”