Sugar as bad as alcohol

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Andrew Fryer

Re: Sugar as bad as alcohol

Postby Andrew Fryer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Fernandosaurusrex wrote:Mental note: switch to a different soap.

Or if your mother likes to wash your mouth out with soap and water, tell her to use the decaffeinated.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

Fernandosaurusrex

Postby Fernandosaurusrex » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Not decaf – anything but decaf!

kirolak

Postby kirolak » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:18 pm

Andrew Pohlman wrote:
Fernandosaurusrex wrote:But coffee is still good, right?
The latest studies I have read indicate coffee is good stuff. One nutritionist I read states it is a "super food". The problem with coffee and/or caffeine is that it is easily abused.

Two studies:
1) whatever medical category you are, alcoholic, tea totaling Catholic, mother of 4, etc. coffee makes your liver numbers better. So a coffee drinking alcoholic has better liver function than a non coffee drinking alcoholic.
2) Stress on kidneys --> kidney burn out. It is true that coffee can elevate your blood pressure, and that can lead to excess stress on kidneys resulting in premature burn out. But a 16 oz coffee daily has been shown to have negligible effects on kidney health. So if you use caffeinated soap in the shower, a 20 oz latte at breakfast, a 16 oz with lunch, and a coca-cola with dinner, yeah, you're kidneys will be in trouble.

Bottom line : coffee in moderation is excellent! The over 500 carcinogens have no effects. Your liver numbers will be better! You may want to stay hydrated as coffee increases urination. But coffee? Nectar of the Godz!!!

Thank goodness, my last remaining addiction is good for me! :) I love strong, black coffee (dark roast, which is apparently healthier as less acidic than lighter roasts!)
But I shall draw the line at caffeinated soap, it must taste awful ! :idea: haha!

guitarrista

Postby guitarrista » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Andrew Pohlman wrote: You may want to stay hydrated as coffee increases urination.

Actually a more recent study discovered that this above was only true for coffee "beginners". In contrast, habitual coffee drinkers have no increased urination for up to 5 cups of coffee per day - possibly a consequence of their bodies adapting.
Last edited by guitarrista on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

keeen

Postby keeen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:01 pm

coffee, eggs , milkbutter good or bad?

guitarrista

Postby guitarrista » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:32 pm

keeen wrote:coffee, eggs , milkbutter good or bad?

Good! :bye:
Konstantin
--

soltirefa

Postby soltirefa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:47 am

In contrast, habitual coffee drinkers have no increased urination for up to 5 cups of coffee per day - possibly a consequence of their bodies adapting.

I have been drinking coffee for decades and it still makes me pee. Never heard that before.

guitarrista

Postby guitarrista » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:58 pm

soltirefa wrote:
In contrast, habitual coffee drinkers have no increased urination for up to 5 cups of coffee per day - possibly a consequence of their bodies adapting.

I have been drinking coffee for decades and it still makes me pee. Never heard that before.

Well it makes you pee anyway because coffee is 99+% water. But if you compare with drinking that much clean water, statistically there was no difference in urine output between the two, for habitual coffee drinkers. Some individual experiences would be the exception.
Konstantin
--

Return to “The Café”