Bach BWV 1004 by Marc Teicholz on a Hauser I

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
oski79

Re: Bach BWV 1004 by Marc Teicholz on a Hauser I

Postby oski79 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:22 pm

I've seen Marc in recital a handful of times, and took a master class from him last fall. He is undoubtedly one of the most expressive and interesting players to watch that I know of. Thanks for posting!
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Laudiesdad69

Re: Bach BWV 1004 by Marc Teicholz on a Hauser I

Postby Laudiesdad69 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:56 am

joachim33 wrote:
Laudiesdad69 wrote:Wow, was he playing on brand new strings? He had to make tuning adjustments five times.

To me, his retuning adds to the performance. When playing, I might notice that something isn't right, but I wouldn't know which string to adjust in which direction. When retuning he doesn't seem to loose his rhythm.

You are right that he didn't miss a beat when retuning. I just found it distracting. You would think that they would have planned for the strings to be broke in a little before they shot the video. I mean they had to have the video shoot planned ahead of time. Seems to me that the guitar shouldn't have gone out of tune so much. The player handled it perfectly, but it doesn't seem to me that it should have happened to begin with.

Those darn bass strings!

joachim33

Segovia

Postby joachim33 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi,

I found another interesting recording of the Chaconne. This time by the man himself: Andrés Segovia, 1959. I find it amazing how much, if they are good quality recordings (by means of audio quality), his music still touches me. He was just a very great musician.

J.

PS: This URL seems not to work on all computers

Return to “The Café”