Can't do a search

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Ramon Amira
Teacher

Can't do a search

Post by Ramon Amira » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:21 am

Every time I try to do a search I get a message that says "Sorry but you cannot use search at this time." Why not? I didn't pay my dues? There aren't any dues. Incidentally, I really think there should be a comma after "Sorry." If you're going to give me a hard time, at least do it correctly. What do I have to do to conduct a search? Oh, I know - I have to get a search warrant! :D

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Can't do a search

Post by GeoffB » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:33 am

Are you using the Google search box at the top right of the page? That is that only one that works now, since the earlier forum search engine had to be disabled because it was repeatedly crashing the forum. (See here).

As for the punctuation of the error message, sorry, but that came with the software. :wink:

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

bear

Post by bear » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:53 am

Ramon Amira wrote:Every time I try to do a search I get a message that says "Sorry but you cannot use search at this time." Why not? I didn't pay my dues? There aren't any dues. Incidentally, I really think there should be a comma after "Sorry." If you're going to give me a hard time, at least do it correctly. What do I have to do to conduct a search? Oh, I know - I have to get a search warrant! :D

Ramon
Ramon, I often go to Google. I'll type in what I'm looking for and type delcamp after it i.e. short scale delcamp and all of the discussions on short scale will come up.
2013 Jeff Medlin '37 Hauser 640mm sp
2006 Michele Della Guistina Concert 10 string 650mm ce
2005 Jose Ramirez 4E 650mm ce
2005 Manuel Rodriguez Model C3F 650mm sp
2003 Manuel Rodriguez Model D 650mm ce

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:26 am

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was trying to search my posts, and the first page comes up, but when I click "2" to go to the second page, I get that message every time.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

RichardUno

Post by RichardUno » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:03 am

I tried searching through your posts and when I tried to load page 3, I got this message: "Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in 2 seconds." I went back to page 2, waited a couple of seconds, and tried again. Success!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:46 pm

Ah, I see. Searching your posts uses the forum search engine rather than Google, and there is a feature there that forces a delay when too many searches are being performed at once or in quick succession, so I think that must be what you're seeing. I can't replicate the message myself at the moment, but it's likely you were getting it when the forum was busier than it is just now, or maybe when the daily backups were being run and the server was under a greater load.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “The Café”