Adrian Legg

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Laudiesdad69

Adrian Legg

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:01 am

I went to my favorite music store today and the owner gave me tickets for my wife and I to see Adrian Legg. I have only seen one YT video of him so far, and from what I saw it seems that the concert on Monday night should be interesting. He plays a very strange guitar. Anybody else heard of him? Should be a good show at the WOW hall, Eugene Oregon. Show starts at 7:30pm. Any local delcampers plan on attending?

Kurt Penner

Re: Adrian Legg

Post by Kurt Penner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:23 am

I saw him in the 90's a couple of times. He is a very accomplished and musical fingerstyle player with some clever and beautiful arrangements. He has very witty banter between tunes. His guitars are usually equipped with banjo tuners on the headstock so he can change the tuning rapidly during the piece. I enjoyed his playing.

kp

UKsteve

Re: Adrian Legg

Post by UKsteve » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:43 am

I saw him pretty much every week in the early 80s when he used to sit playing in the corner of the Almeda Bar in North London...for free!
My eyes pretty much fell out of my head when I first saw him - I'd never witnessed anywhere near his level of technical facility on a steel-string and his party-trick of changing the tuning while playing was a real jaw-dropper.

Of course, mega-ability is par for the course these days, but he was a real bar raiser back in the day. At that time he was using a very heavily customised Ovation Adamas and I know he moved to custom guitars from Bill Puplett a while afterwards.

Return to “The Café”