Woke up and saw a huge rat running across my ceiling

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
guitareleven

Re: Woke up and saw a huge rat running across my ceiling

Post by guitareleven » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:42 pm

A brief episode to assist in your search for meaning:

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Mark Twain
Chapter 26
A Glimpse of Treasure

About noon the next day the boys arrived at the dead tree; they had come for their tools. Tom was impatient to go to the haunted house; Huck was measurably so, also— but suddenly said:

"Lookyhere, Tom, do you know what day it is?"

Tom mentally ran over the days of the week, and then quickly lifted his eyes with a startled look in them—

"My! I never once thought of it, Huck!"

"Well, I didn't neither, but all at once it popped onto me that it was Friday."

"Blame it, a body can't be too careful, Huck. We might 'a' got into an awful scrape, tackling such a thing on a Friday."

"Might! Better say we would! There's some lucky days, maybe, but Friday ain't."

"Any fool knows that. I don't reckon you was the first that found it out, Huck."

"Well, I never said I was, did I? And Friday ain't all, neither. I had a rotten bad dream last night— about rats."

"No! Sure sign of trouble. Did they fight?"

"No."

"Well, that's good, Huck. When they don't fight it's only a sign that there's trouble around, you know. All we got to do is to look mighty sharp and keep out of it. We'll drop this thing for to-day, and play.....

woodenhand

Post by woodenhand » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:36 am

You might be having episodes of "sleep paralysis," a state in which things like this happen. It's a common phenomenon, and is thought to be responsible for the belief in "alien abductions."

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:44 am

woodenhand wrote:You might be having episodes of "sleep paralysis," a state in which things like this happen. It's a common phenomenon, and is thought to be responsible for the belief in "alien abductions."
I have woken up paralyzed many times before. No I'm serious, not joking. It's scary when your face is down in the pillow, that's happened a few times, but I always end up moving and then being able to breath. It's rather unnerving though!
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

Return to “The Café”