Obituary: Chuck Berry

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Laudiesdad69

Re: Obituary: Chuck Berry

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:30 pm

And let's not forget the 1.3 million dollar settlement that Berry paid to the 59 women that brought a class action lawsuit against him for cameras he planted in the women's' room at his restaurant. He may have been an icon, but he was also a sick individual.

Jstanley01

Post by Jstanley01 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 pm

I saw an interview with Ian Anderson (of Jethro Tull fame), conducted relatively recently, in which he avers that what can be done with rock music, and music in general, has pretty much been done. I think he may have a point. Classical music went through numerous iterations over the course of centuries before it ran out its possibilites for innovation with the twelve tone masters. Blues birthed the iterations of jazz and rock, jazz taking about a century to run through its possibilites while rock took less, having run its course within the working life of one of its founders, Chuck Berry. And when one looks outside the musical sphere at things like science, where physicists are appealing to multiverses, the very existence of which can be neither proven nor disproven, and like art, which arrived at the same place music is today a century ago, one wonders (or I do, anyway) what the possibilites for western civilization actually are, moving forward.

R.I.P.
Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. -W.C. Fields

Guitarhancock

Post by Guitarhancock » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:16 am

Kanye West ...Hip-Hop - Rap. Could you ask for more?

Jstanley01

Post by Jstanley01 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:19 am

Guitarhancock wrote:Kanye West ...Hip-Hop - Rap. Could you ask for more?
Uh... Yes! :mrgreen:
Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. -W.C. Fields

CGCristian92

Post by CGCristian92 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:04 am

He was an interesting man.

Return to “The Café”