On a diet, my hunger is diminishing after a few weeks

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Tubbers

Re: On a diet, my hunger is diminishing after a few weeks

Post by Tubbers » Fri May 26, 2017 8:10 pm

Weighed in today at 210.8

I haven't weighed 210 in probably 10-12 years.
Help!

Lawler

Post by Lawler » Fri May 26, 2017 8:57 pm

Tubbers wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 8:03 pm
Joy! Joy! Joy! Weighed in at 213.2 today. Thanks for the encouragement, glassy. :)
Today I weighed in at 211.2
19 pounds off in 10 weeks. :)
That's inspiring... as is the whole interchange between you and glassynails.

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Sat May 27, 2017 7:27 am

Lawler wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 8:57 pm
Tubbers wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 8:03 pm
Joy! Joy! Joy! Weighed in at 213.2 today. Thanks for the encouragement, glassy. :)
Today I weighed in at 211.2
19 pounds off in 10 weeks. :)
That's inspiring... as is the whole interchange between you and glassynails.
Thanks, Lawler. I wish I had known about this diet 35 years ago. Friends are beginning to notice my weight loss. I'm pulling for glassy too. :)
Help!

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Weighed in today at 210.6
Not much, but the body has a clock of its own.
Help!

Lawler

Post by Lawler » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:24 pm

Tubbers wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:58 pm
Well done!

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:44 am

I've been going way off diet. I'm at 204 as of yesterday though. I'm going to get back on the wagon. I want to eat healthy for health more than weight, although weight loss is a benefit. I've been eating tons of sweets again and going to BK 3 times this week .... YIKES it's terrible!

Tonight I had 2 donuts and a raspberry danish .... I know disgusting, but I go on these binges sometimes and feel like crap afterwards. Today was free donut day at Dunkin and the guy said "Hey man, take your free donut!" I said, "Nah, I'm all set!" then he kind of forced it on me saying "Just give it to someone then or something!" I finally said "Well ok!". Then I'm driving off with my coffee and not even hungry and open the bag and there's 2 donuts in there. I gobbled them both up, then said to myself "What the heck did I just do that for?" :roll:

Then a work the other day same thing. Not even hungry, but I go up to our "Candy Store" and eat 2 ring dings and a bag of chips and then feel disgusted with myself. Total garbage with no nutritional value. I don't know why I do it .... boredom i think. Funny thing is is that I had a banana and an apple in my lunch bag and didn't even touch them!
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:11 am

Lawler wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:24 pm
Tubbers wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:58 pm
Well done!
Thanks, Lawler.
Not gaining which is always nice. :)
Help!

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:08 pm

glassynails wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:44 am
I've been going way off diet. I'm at 204 as of yesterday though. I'm going to get back on the wagon. I want to eat healthy for health more than weight, although weight loss is a benefit. I've been eating tons of sweets again and going to BK 3 times this week .... YIKES it's terrible!

Tonight I had 2 donuts and a raspberry danish .... I know disgusting, but I go on these binges sometimes and feel like crap afterwards. Today was free donut day at Dunkin and the guy said "Hey man, take your free donut!" I said, "Nah, I'm all set!" then he kind of forced it on me saying "Just give it to someone then or something!" I finally said "Well ok!". Then I'm driving off with my coffee and not even hungry and open the bag and there's 2 donuts in there. I gobbled them both up, then said to myself "What the heck did I just do that for?" :roll:

Then a work the other day same thing. Not even hungry, but I go up to our "Candy Store" and eat 2 ring dings and a bag of chips and then feel disgusted with myself. Total garbage with no nutritional value. I don't know why I do it .... boredom i think. Funny thing is is that I had a banana and an apple in my lunch bag and didn't even touch them!
I know it's hard to give up the sweets and carbs. Those two are killers for any weight loss attempt.

I weighed in today at 209.4
Help!

Jim Frieson

Post by Jim Frieson » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:09 pm

I had a weight loss that really surprised me . I was not trying to lose weight . I only did one thing : I quit eating all wheat . That means anything out of a box and most prepared foods as most contain wheat . Otherwise I did not try to go without anything or be hungry

khayes

Post by khayes » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Jim Frieson wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:09 pm
I had a weight loss that really surprised me . I was not trying to lose weight . I only did one thing : I quit eating all wheat . That means anything out of a box and most prepared foods as most contain wheat . Otherwise I did not try to go without anything or be hungry
Not surprising....read the book "Wheat Belly". Wheat and sugars are killing us.
Ken

Jim Frieson

Post by Jim Frieson » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:50 pm

khayes wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:16 pm
Jim Frieson wrote:
It is said that wheat has addictive properties . It is very seductive , and it is everywhere .
Sugar , that is hard to go without too .
But I bet anyone on a diet , just quit those , and no junk food , and weight would drop .

khayes

Post by khayes » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Jim Frieson wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:50 pm
khayes wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:16 pm
Jim Frieson wrote:
It is said that wheat has addictive properties . It is very seductive , and it is everywhere .
Sugar , that is hard to go without too .
But I bet anyone on a diet , just quit those , and no junk food , and weight would drop .
...and exercise, even just moderate consistent walking
Ken

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:00 pm

I agree about the wheat. Netflix has a good documentary on the crap that is grown these days.

Weigh in this week at 208.8
Help!

SteveL123

Post by SteveL123 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Is wheat really bad for you? What about pasta? It's all wheat! I think it's moderation and in what you eat. Eat a balanced diet, do not eat too much, routine exercise. Yeah, easier said than done for those with bad eating habits and over weight. I never had a weight problem with a balanced diet and being active.

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:35 pm

SteveL123 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:55 pm
Is wheat really bad for you? What about pasta? It's all wheat!
The documentary 'What's With Wheat' is either the truth or propaganda. Take your pick.
Help!

Return to “The Café”