On a diet, my hunger is diminishing after a few weeks

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
glassynails

Re: On a diet, my hunger is diminishing after a few weeks

Post by glassynails » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:36 am

Tubbers wrote:I started Atkins on March 7th. I was 230 lbs. Weigh in yesterday at 216.4.
Congats! :)
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:40 am

Ok, I was SHOCKED today. I went off diet a little all weekend and the holiday. I had a soda, pie, bag doritos, toaster pop, etc on Sunday. No joke, I'm now 206.2 lbs! Heading for the 205's hopefully. I don't know how I lost the weight .... strange. I was 83F yesterday, could be more water weight.

Glassy down to 206.2 from approx. 211 in about a month.
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:36 am

glassynails wrote:
Tubbers wrote:I started Atkins on March 7th. I was 230 lbs. Weigh in yesterday at 216.4.
Congats! :)
:merci: I will give a weekly update.
Help!

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Despite the fact that I've been layed up in bed with a head cold the past week and not much physical activity, I still managed to drop over 1/2 a pound. I am now back on the treadmill.

Help!

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:58 pm

glassynails wrote:Ok, I was SHOCKED today. I went off diet a little all weekend and the holiday. I had a soda, pie, bag doritos, toaster pop, etc on Sunday. No joke, I'm now 206.2 lbs! Heading for the 205's hopefully. I don't know how I lost the weight .... strange. I was 83F yesterday, could be more water weight.

Glassy down to 206.2 from approx. 211 in about a month.
Could easily be water - it's denser than fat. But also eating too little fat gives you a craving for carbs, and if your pie, doritos and toaster pop were fatty, then maybe you had fewer carbs than normal. Otoh, you don't say how much exercise you got that w/e.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:26 pm

204.8 lbs. 6 feet

Weight is down to 204.8 this morning! Tested twice. I've lost about 8 lbs since a month or 6 weeks and pants feeling looser. Hopefully I can get under 200 in another month or so. I'm not in a big rush.

I'm basically just giving up sweets and Mcd's and losing weight. Also, I'm eating less, but not starving myself. Also though, I'm not stuffing myself and I think that's also helping. I just listen to my body and if I'm hungry I eat, but I only eat what I think will tide me over without going over that.

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Good luck with your diet!
:)
Last edited by AndreiKrylov on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd better speak by music...Please listen Andrei Krylov at Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon Prime etc. Thanks!

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:43 am

glassynails wrote:I'm basically just giving up sweets and Mcd's
And there's a lot of sugar (i.e. hfcs) in McD's. My average McD consumption is about one a year.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

MessyTendon

Post by MessyTendon » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:59 pm

I'm going to lose some weight soon. It's so simple for me, like stupid simple...stop drinking beer. I drink too much, it has to stop. Quite honestly with just 3 days of no drinking...I feel better and lost pounds.

I used to weigh 160 now I weigh 220. It's all beer. Carbs is carbs, but alcohol from carbs...that's just the worst. I'll be losing weight and getting in better shape in months. I am fairly confident that a complete lack of beer will bring me down to 200LBS in a few months.

Possible a single month....Hey Bear 195LBS is not bad.

SteveL123

Post by SteveL123 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:14 pm

Andrew Fryer wrote:
And there's a lot of sugar (i.e. hfcs) in McD's. My average McD consumption is about one a year.
McD's got to be the worst food in the world. Their food, while unhealthy, has almost no taste at all to me! I don't understand why it is so popular, especially with the kids. Must be the huge amount of TV commercials, i.e brain wash.

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:45 pm

SteveL123 wrote:
Andrew Fryer wrote:
McD's got to be the worst food in the world. Their food, while unhealthy, has almost no taste at all to me! I don't understand why it is so popular, especially with the kids. Must be the huge amount of TV commercials, i.e brain wash.
I agree, no taste. I think it's just quick and fills u up .... and kills you over the years!

Burger King tastes better, but is just as unhealthy.

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:16 am

SteveL123 wrote:
Andrew Fryer wrote:
I go to McDonald's just about every day, but only to have coffee and socialize with some old friends. I am always amazed at the obese people who come in there, but that's the times we live in.

SUPER SIZE ME! :shock:
Help!

Francisco

Post by Francisco » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:24 am

In 2012 there was this journalist, Steve Hendricks, who experimented on his own person with radical fasting (only water allowed) for a period of 3 weeks, trying both to lose weight and test some theories about this practice which goes back a long way. The result is the most fascinating articles I've ever read on this subject. The first few days were rough, but then things began to go surprisingly smoothly as the body resigned itself to obey and consume the fat directly, stored fat being one of the best foods available, no digestion needed that's why it is silly to make a sick person eat (digestion takes a lot of energy). The article/self-addressed experiment, appeared in Harper's Magazine in 2012. It can still be found here and there in pdf, for example at cloudup. Just search for the title: "Starving Your Way to Vigor". Extremely fascinating, entertaining and informative reading.
Yamaha GC42S

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:30 pm

I was starving last night at about 10pm, so I got up and had a sandwich. It was 2 pieces of 80 cal whole wheat and 4 slices of thin sliced turkey and yellow mustard, nothing fancy. Also, I had a can of seltzer water too. I heard it's not good to starve yourself. To me if you're hungry, eat something. Yes, don't pig out, but eat something to 'tide you over'. I wasn't worried about gaining weight overnight either!

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:37 pm

I see the same obese people at work and I say to myself "If only they would only eat 'a little' less they may lose weight, but you see these people eating pizza all the time and HUGE meals and then sitting all day. It's mostly about diet.

There's one guy that's over 300 lbs and he eats a supersize McD's EVERY single day AND that's just his lunch! Some people just don't care.

Return to “The Café”