I am now the proud owner of an Alhambra z nature

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Laudiesdad69

Re: I am now the proud owner of an Alhambra z nature

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:14 am

Hany Hayek wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 8:09 am
Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:26 am
Hany, have you decided what strings you are going to use?
I already changed the strings. I am using D'addario EJ27 Normal tension. The guitar came with the exp44, the previous owner had kept them on since he bought the guitar - according to him 4 month old - so I had to change them. I played with the exp44 on for a couple of days and my left wrist can't take the high tension.
Those aren't bad strings at all. I have used those before. They are good value and sound good. I also use medium tension strings.

ddray

Post by ddray » Sat May 06, 2017 12:15 am

That's a beautiful guitar and I love that finish on it. I've heard that that type has a very nice tone as well. Congratulations and best wishes with it.

MessyTendon

Post by MessyTendon » Sat May 06, 2017 2:42 am

Have fun. Try Aquila Nylgut Low tension, they make lesser instruments sound lovely.

Keep practicing, the lesser expensive guitars make enjoyable companions once they are worn in. You did great, never pay full retail on budget guitars, you could have done a lot worse. Just be careful not to bump the back too hard as it is unbound.

The matte finishes are just as resilient as the glossy finish, don't let the soft smooth appearance full you into that it's not durable, it's got hardness to it, like all inexpensive guitar finishes...

The matte finishes have additives that make it not shiny, but chemically, it's tough...Cedar dings easier than spruce...a bit...but no worries. Keep her strung with fresh strings and study your butt off.

fast eddie

Post by fast eddie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Congratulations. I have listened to these on you tube and they sound beautiful. Enjoy many years of playing. I just got (yesterday) a used cordoba c10 (cedar) and I am charmed by it. It's in mint condition. Of course it doesn't take much to charm me, but this seems to also be a very nice guitar. Very loud.
Fast Eddie
Cordoba C 10 Cedar
1974 Hernandis

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:12 pm

Hello Hany
I am a complete guitar novice and have just commenced learning having bought my first and only guitar a couple of months ago. It is an Alhambra cedar topped model and Alhambra tell me it was made in 1988 and is what is now called a 1C model although mine doesn't show any model number. It is in an amazingly excellent condition given its age and has an almost matt finish which I find attractive.
I know how you feel about your new guitar as I have similar feelings about mine! It is not a top of the range model but for me it sounds wonderful and spurs me on to try to learn to take what it is offering me in musical enjoyment.
Best wishes and enjoy your guitar.

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi Geordie. Welcome to the forum. You seem very enthusiastic :chitarrista: .

New members should introduce themselves here, whereupon you should get some help with using the forum.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “The Café”