Glassynails hasn't played his guitar in almost 2 weeks

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Isabelle Frizac
Teacher

Re: Glassynails hasn't played his guitar in almost 2 weeks

Post by Isabelle Frizac » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:23 am

Dear Glassynails,

For my part, I spent the entire month of February in the hospital, several days of which were prohibited from getting up.
I thought I was dying before spring.
Believe me, I dreamed of my guitar!
I could not even play the guitelélé, because of the drip and other medical devices on me.
I need oxygen 18 hours out of 24.

And I cried when I came home after a month and I took my guitare for the first time. It was the return to life.
And now I have just released several MP3 on the guitar and the vihuela. Two concerts are also scheduled this summer.

Stop looking at your navel,Glassynails . Grab your guitar and play!
Life is full of good things and others less good, it is true ... but one lives only once.
So, resume your guitar, and play ... even if for that you need a kick in the ass.

:bye:
Last edited by Isabelle Frizac on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
keep hope !
Bastien Burlot 2014" special anniversary" n°1, Pappalardo 1982, Antonio Ruiz Lopez 1974, and other instruments ...;-)

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:35 am

A moving report, Isabelle. Get well soon!
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:51 am

Lovely Isabelle on the mend! Great news. Your treasure is where your heart is--music.
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

dory

Post by dory » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:05 am

Isabelle,

I am thinking about you. Please let us know how you are doing and how your recovery goes. I am sorry you have been through such a terrible time. I hope you are better very soon.
Dory

Isabelle Frizac
Teacher

Post by Isabelle Frizac » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:21 am

zupfgeiger wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:35 am
A moving report, Isabelle. Get well soon!
Jeffrey Armbruster wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:51 am
Lovely Isabelle on the mend! Great news. Your treasure is where your heart is--music.
dory wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:05 am
Isabelle,

I am thinking about you. Please let us know how you are doing and how your recovery goes. I am sorry you have been through such a terrible time. I hope you are better very soon.

Thank you all for your nice messages.. :D
My health is as good as possible ... I have to spend a few days in the hospital for check - ups ... The routine!

But this post is that of Glassynails. It is important that he asks questions about the meaning of his life and that he finally comes out of a post - adolescence! :roll:

Long live music ! ( and guitarists). :delcamp_ cool: :guitare:
keep hope !
Bastien Burlot 2014" special anniversary" n°1, Pappalardo 1982, Antonio Ruiz Lopez 1974, and other instruments ...;-)

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:12 am

Where is glassynails btw?
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

dory

Post by dory » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:18 pm

I want to know how Andrei is doing too but hebisn't answering my pm.
Dory

bluetoby

Post by bluetoby » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Andrew Fryer wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:16 pm
bluetoby wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:15 pm
i have spells like that i have been unable to play classical guitar for almost 3 months due to a trapped nerve in my back.
That happened to me 5 years ago, and it took 3 months of physiotherapy to get over it. About a week ago it happened on the other side, but much weaker and I could still remember the most important stretching exercise, and so, touch wood, it has gone now. I had just started to play again after 3 1/2 months while reading Andrews reply to my post got up to see the postman a shooting pain left hand side lower back & buttock back to square one i fear.

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi Glassynails,

I read this entire post and two things popped out that I feel suggest you are clinically depressed, your tiredness and continued lack of motivation. You may be able to jump start yourself back to normal with exercise and diet, but based on your descriptions of prolonged of malaise I would suggest you get an appointment with a psychiatrist. I am not myself a medical doctor or psychiatrist, but I have had family/relatives with mental illness, chemical imbalances and depression and one relative that attempted suicide when under severe depression. If I were you I would stop lamenting on here about not playing and get to the doctor. Depression kills. Do not take this lightly.

I noted in another of your posts that you have started a regimented practice routine which suggests that you have both good days and bad days, but definitely fairly drastic mood swings. I note too that you rarely reply to any comments. I don't know you and what I'm saying is just based on my response after reading quickly through your recent posts.

I may be reading too much into your bouncing around so forgive me if I'm way off base. I just think an ounce of prevention is called for.

I say all of this with the utmost kindness and consideration. Please think about this and seek a professional's evaluation!

Jack
Hauser III 2014!

Marshall Dixon

Post by Marshall Dixon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Enter a MESSENGER

Messenger: Your honour's players, hearing your amendment,
Are come to play a pleasant comedy;
For so your doctors hold it very meet,
Seeing too much sadness hath congeal'd your blood,
And melancholy is the nurse of frenzy.
Therefore they thought it good you hear a play
And frame your mind to mirth and merriment,
Which bars a thousand harms and lengthens life.

Christopher Sly: Marry, I will; let them play it. Is not a comonty a
Christmas gambold or a tumbling-trick?

Page: No, my good lord, it is more pleasing stuff.

Christopher Sly: What, household stuff?

Page: It is a kind of history.

Christopher Sly: Well, we'll see't. Come, madam wife, sit by my side and let
the world slip;-we shall ne'er be younger...

Wm. Shakespeare - the Taming of the Shrew

bluetoby

Post by bluetoby » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:16 pm

bluetoby wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:06 pm
Andrew Fryer wrote:
bluetoby wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:15 pm
i have spells like that i have been unable to play classical guitar for almost 3 months due to a trapped nerve in my back.
That happened to me 5 years ago, and it took 3 months of physiotherapy to get over it. About a week ago it happened on the other side, but much weaker and I could still remember the most important stretching exercise, and so, touch wood, it has gone now. I had just started to play again after 3 1/2 months while reading Andrews reply to my post got up to see the postman a shooting pain left hand side lower back & buttock back to square one i fear.
i just had a 1 hour practice for classical guitar i am pleased finished and no pain so far fingers crossed.

davebones

Post by davebones » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Hey, Glassynails,

Your post struck a chord in me and I have to respond. My forties were transforming for me because I left a job I didn't like to become a psychotherapist, which I loved doing. I was involved with music at the time, as a member of jazz groups, playing trombone. One of the things I began to realize in my musical associations was how many folks there were who were still actively playing, and playing well, into their eighties. I later joined a quintet led by a reed player who was eighty four, and who had just decided to run only half marathons because he was, in his words, "getting older". Knowing these older cats totally changed my idea of aging. My seventieth birthday is going to be in July, and my birthday present is beginning the classical guitar journey, after several years of playing (or trying to play) jazz guitar. Who knows what I will get done in the next ten years? We will find out, and maybe in 2027 I'll post a sound clip.

I want to emphasize a point about depression. Some of it may be transitory depressed mood, especially when the weather sucks for long periods. Some of it can be situational: difficult job or relationship, environmental stress, sickness or injury. And importantly, the psychotherapy field has recognized and is now promoting the importance of overall fitness to mental health. I'm not talking about being an athlete.
I'm referring to maintaining good health by proper diet, moderate exercise, enough sleep, limited alcohol.
I've had clients who were out of balance in these areas whose mood greatly improved once they corrected the imbalances. Last, I would suggest that anytime depression continues for a long time it can have its origin in your body chemistry, and getting a depression screening would be important.

It is great that you have music and the support of this forum. Hope things improve quickly.

Dave

quavers

Post by quavers » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:27 pm

My guitar is my refuge from my depressions. Unfortunately, I can become so absorbed, I might not notice the house burning down.

bluetoby

Post by bluetoby » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:53 pm

bluetoby wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:16 pm
bluetoby wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:06 pm
Andrew Fryer wrote:
i just had a 1 hour practice for classical guitar i am pleased finished and no pain so far fingers crossed.
i cant play everyday it suits me better to play 1 hour every other day next week i will try 1 hour one day 15 mins the next & start to build it up.

Lawler

Post by Lawler » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:50 pm

Jack Douglas wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:02 pm
Hi Glassynails,

I read this entire post and two things popped out that I feel suggest you are clinically depressed, your tiredness and continued lack of motivation. You may be able to jump start yourself back to normal with exercise and diet, but based on your descriptions of prolonged of malaise I would suggest you get an appointment with a psychiatrist. I am not myself a medical doctor or psychiatrist, but I have had family/relatives with mental illness, chemical imbalances and depression and one relative that attempted suicide when under severe depression. If I were you I would stop lamenting on here about not playing and get to the doctor. Depression kills. Do not take this lightly.

I noted in another of your posts that you have started a regimented practice routine which suggests that you have both good days and bad days, but definitely fairly drastic mood swings. I note too that you rarely reply to any comments. I don't know you and what I'm saying is just based on my response after reading quickly through your recent posts.

I may be reading too much into your bouncing around so forgive me if I'm way off base. I just think an ounce of prevention is called for.

I say all of this with the utmost kindness and consideration. Please think about this and seek a professional's evaluation!

Jack
Having read many of glassynail's posts, I agree with you, Jack.

Return to “The Café”