Classical guitar in Spain

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
CGCristian92

Re: Classical guitar in Spain

Post by CGCristian92 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:12 am

bluetoby wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:12 pm
i live near Alicante i have not seen any classical guitar, bit of flamenco for tourists, rock guitar in bars & thats it.
HAhaha, this is so strange!! Im moving to Alicante to study with Ignacio Rodes! It's actually a center for classical guitar!

Wesjr1

Post by Wesjr1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:19 pm

I lived in downtown Madrid for 4 years back in the late 60's--early 70's. I found quite a bit of flamenco guitar being played at the bars around town--by regular patrons who would just bring in their guitars and start playing. It was usually accompanied by rhythmic clapping of the other patrons. It was very entertaining. Also, there were groups of university students who would form "La Tuna" groups--5 or 6 students dressed in traditional costumes, who would roam the streets, stopping below apartment balconies or in front of restaurants and bars, playing guitars and singing for tips. They often stopped in front of my apt. building and the residents would throw money to them from the balconies. I haven't been back since, so I don't know if it all is still taking place.
"For 37 years I've practiced 14 hours a day, and now they call me a genius” -- Pablo de Sarasate

bluetoby

Post by bluetoby » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:36 pm

According to a friend of mine who;s father used to be a flamenco cantor in salamanca no were near.

Return to “The Café”