Warriors are the champs!

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Jeffrey Armbruster

Warriors are the champs!

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:27 am

O.k. so no interest here, but there you have it. I will bask in the glow of their talent. (I still can't hit the waste bucket with an empty coffee cup.) Sorry Cleveland** but Oakland is dancing in the streets.

**not really.
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

eyedoc

Re: Warriors are the champs!

Post by eyedoc » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:33 am

Love it!!!
Great game!!!
Thanks KD and all the rest of the boys!!!
Ron

Sandaun

Post by Sandaun » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:56 am

I didn't think there were still any Auckland supporters http://www.warriors.kiwi/ left. And it was the Gold Coast, this time ... Could've been worse - you could've been supporting Cronulla http://www.sharks.com.au/. Who do you think's going to win the State of Origin this year? And much more importantly, who's going to win the AFL Grand Final at the MCG? Admittedly it's only partway through the season, but who do you think'll win?
"I have supposed that he who buys a Method means to learn it." - Ferdinand Sor, Method for Guitar

oski79

Post by oski79 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:47 pm

It was truly a great game, played at a high level by both teams. I've been a Dubs fan since the early 70's, and I still remember the '75 championship, when they were behind by double digits in all four games (I think) and came back each time for a sweep over the Bullets. This team is so much fun to watch. Basketball can be a very selfish game, but the Dubs seem to revel in making that extra pass for the easy basket.

I just wish they were staying in Oakland, where I lived for twenty years and still consider my home town. Oak-Town!
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Andrew Pohlman

Post by Andrew Pohlman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:47 pm

This is big news for those of us in the SF Bay Area! I am at work now and the people here are all in a buzz!
2013 Rodriguez FF Sabicas blanco
2015 Trevor Gore custom Neoclassical
- redwood top, Palo dorado B+Ss.

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Yes, a great game! Guess it was the impossible dream for Cleveland. Gotta give propers to the Warriors, but LaBron is still my hero! An Oldtimer I guess in basketball years, so I identify with his "lifetime achievement".

MessyTendon

Post by MessyTendon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:08 am

Yeah revenge is sweet. Golden State had to play the redemption game and they got it done. I honestly think they did intentionally lose game 4 because of broadcasting revenue.

Return to “The Café”