Maestro Delcamp's guitar...

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
User avatar
dropbydrop
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:50 am
Location: Vigonza, Italy

Maestro Delcamp's guitar...

Post by dropbydrop » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:11 am

Hallo to everyone.
I follow Maestro Delcamp guitar lessons... with no stress... I'm not able to finish a lesson in a month...

Viewing his videos of exercises and studies, a question comes out: anyone knows (guesses) the specific characteristics of Mr Delcamp guitar? Or, better, the guitar of the lessons... it's believable that Mr Delcamp owns more than one guitar!

In his videos I think he plays a cedar top guitar. It's right? And back and sides?
Other informations of maestro preferences? Luthier os so? Strings?

First of all, I looked for some informations in the blog, but the words "guitar" and "delcamp" are so recurring and I have no result.

I don't think is an advertisement, but only my curiosity and a guide for me of his taste.

Thaks for all informations!

Federico
don't worry about how long it's going to take you,
just enjoy the journey [by goodtone]
this is the gift [by me]

User avatar
petermc61
Posts: 5829
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:11 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Maestro Delcamp guitar...

Post by petermc61 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:06 am

A cedar Daniel Friederich.

Rasqeo
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:51 am

Re: Maestro Delcamp guitar...

Post by Rasqeo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:23 am

petermc61 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:06 am
A cedar Daniel Friederich.
The holy grail!

ddray
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: Maestro Delcamp guitar...

Post by ddray » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Rasqeo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:23 am
petermc61 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:06 am
A cedar Daniel Friederich.
The holy grail!
It does have a lovely tone and sustain that seems to go on forever, and I love that dark cedar color. And of course the guitar has an outstanding player as well.

dory
Posts: 1640
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:29 am
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Re: Maestro Delcamp's guitar...

Post by dory » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:53 pm

Isn't that the type of guitar that David Russell plays? Lucky him! (He deserves it in my opinion.)
Dory

wchymeus
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:49 am

Re: Maestro Delcamp's guitar...

Post by wchymeus » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Holy very rare grail as it's a lefty one...
Field 2014, Oberg 2013, Vincente Sachis Badia 1977

Gary Macleod
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:13 am
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Maestro Delcamp's guitar...

Post by Gary Macleod » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:26 pm

dory wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:53 pm
Isn't that the type of guitar that David Russell plays? Lucky him! (He deserves it in my opinion.)
Russell plays Dammann guitars

https://youtu.be/RZqdfFB6C6Q

User avatar
dropbydrop
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:50 am
Location: Vigonza, Italy

Re: Maestro Delcamp's guitar...

Post by dropbydrop » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 am

...Friederich...Dammann...what a catwalk of super guitars...unattainable heaven... :lol: :lol: :lol:
don't worry about how long it's going to take you,
just enjoy the journey [by goodtone]
this is the gift [by me]

Rasqeo
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:51 am

Re: Maestro Delcamp's guitar...

Post by Rasqeo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:01 am

dropbydrop wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 am
...Friederich...Dammann...what a catwalk of super guitars...unattainable heaven... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attainable depending on your economic situation of course! Well at least Daniel Friedrichs are - there are a couple for sale at the moment that I'm aware of if you have the necessary funds. Dammans on the other hand, I can't recall having seen any for sale on the 2nd hand market in the past few years.

Ludwig
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:09 am
Location: Tübingen/Germany

Re: Maestro Delcamp's guitar...

Post by Ludwig » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:36 am

I always thought the holy grail of classical guitars is Herrmann Hauser 1 or 2...

User avatar
zupfgeiger
Posts: 1740
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:12 pm
Location: Wezembeek-Oppem, Belgium

Re: Maestro Delcamp's guitar...

Post by zupfgeiger » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:12 pm

Or - at least - Antonio de Torres, Manuel Ramirez, Santos Hernandez
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

Rasqeo
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:51 am

Re: Maestro Delcamp's guitar...

Post by Rasqeo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Ludwig wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:36 am
I always thought the holy grail of classical guitars is Herrmann Hauser 1 or 2...
I was just speaking for me personally. No doubt a Hauser would be the holy grail for many people.

Ludwig
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:09 am
Location: Tübingen/Germany

Re: Maestro Delcamp's guitar...

Post by Ludwig » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Rasqeo wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:21 pm
Ludwig wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:36 am
I always thought the holy grail of classical guitars is Herrmann Hauser 1 or 2...
I was just speaking for me personally. No doubt a Hauser would be the holy grail for many people.
Let's say a Hauser or a Friederich are both holy grails!
:D

ddray
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: Maestro Delcamp's guitar...

Post by ddray » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Ludwig wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:51 pm
Rasqeo wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:21 pm
Ludwig wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:36 am
I always thought the holy grail of classical guitars is Herrmann Hauser 1 or 2...
I was just speaking for me personally. No doubt a Hauser would be the holy grail for many people.
Let's say a Hauser or a Friederich are both holy grails!
:D
I would say that for a majority of people anything "higher" than a Córdoba C10 is a "Holy Grail". I think that gets forgotten here sometimes.

Ludwig
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:09 am
Location: Tübingen/Germany

Re: Maestro Delcamp's guitar...

Post by Ludwig » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:42 pm

But not the majority here!

Return to “The Café”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Evocacion, guitarrista, Hotsoup, Majestic-12 [Bot], rkguitar16, SteveL123, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests