What are your favorite Delcamp Scores?

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
meouzer

What are your favorite Delcamp Scores?

Post by meouzer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Given that I am an intermediate level guitar player do you have some favorite Delcamp scores that you are particularly fond of? Advanced but not too advanced would be OK too since it would give me something to work on.

P.S. Other than Delcamp, do you have a favorite place to get your sheet music? I found sheetmusicplus. I lost all my sheet music in a move and now must rebuild from scratch. I don't think sheetmusicplus is so great: I did a search for Cannon and they didn't have it for guitar.

Erik Zurcher

Re: What are your favorite Delcamp Scores?

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:52 pm

My favourite Delcamp score is Sylvius Leopold Weiss' Fantasie en mi minor.
meouzer wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:07 pm
...I did a search for Cannon and they didn't have it for guitar.
Try searching for Canon instead of Cannon.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:23 pm

meouzer wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:07 pm
...I lost all my sheet music in a move and now must rebuild from scratch...
Well, you're in the right place! Not only Has M. Delcamp built up an unparalleled collection of much of the best in classical guitar music, available as a free resource to forum members but members themselves have added a diverse collection of music in the Our Scores section.

[For those who have not tried it, you can find M. Delcamp's arrangements using the composer links at the top of each page, or by following the links on the home page page: http://www.delcamp.net, or this page: http://www.delcamp.net/jeanfrancoisdelcamp.html.

You can also find pieces composed by present-day composers and published by M. Delcamp here: http://www.delcamp.org

As for scores posted by forum members in the Our Scores section you can use forum search to find particular pieces but you can also sort the list by using one of the sort options at the bottom of the Our Scores pages, next to the New Topic button.]
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:02 am

I really like Maestro Delcamp's arrangement of Lagrima. Not sure what grade it is, but I play it for my audience of one, my wife. She likes it because it's "Chimey". Of course, Lagrima is probably the "Stairway" of classical guitar😁 I add a few harmonics just to keep it interesting for myself.

Rick Beauregard
Student of the online lessons

Post by Rick Beauregard » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:57 pm

I like Sons De Carrihoes by Pernambuco. It was the D05 exam piece this year.

As far as sources for scores and books etc. I have found a lot of great out of print stuff on Scribd. There's Monthly fee after free trial and you can cancel any time. 9.95 for and unlimited downloads
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Guitar Slim Jr.

Post by Guitar Slim Jr. » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:29 pm

I,ve got a different take. My favorites are in the first two volumes of the graded collections. As a teacher these are great to use as sight-reading practice, and are generally good supplemental material for beginning CG students.

The Tarrega collection is also good to have. Although I must confess, I use it mostly as reference. If I find what I like, I will try to find a more authoritative edition with good performance fingerings.

dory

Post by dory » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:50 pm

I think I can give you the name if I don't link it. I like Productions D'Oz. They have some unusual contemporary stuff that I like and that you wouldn't be able to get on Delcamp because it is copyrighted. However, now that I am thinking of Oz, I like a lot of the free stuff on Guitar Downunder although it tends to be jazzy. (I like jazz.)
Dory

chinyc

Post by chinyc » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:03 pm

The arrangement of Granados' Spanish Dance #2" Oriental is a much better version than the older popular transcription.
Cordoba Custom Artist SP/IN

Ray

Post by Ray » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:02 pm

dory wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:50 pm
I think I can give you the name if I don't link it. I like Productions D'Oz. They have some unusual contemporary stuff that I like and that you wouldn't be able to get on Delcamp because it is copyrighted. (I like jazz.)
That's true that Productions D'Oz music is copyrighted but should you learn a piece from one of their editions and want to share your recording of it on Delcamp it's permitted because they've given permission. Really nice to know that because they have a large number of compositions and arrangements by people like Sergio Assad, David Russell, Roland Dyens and others. Also any piece published by Doberman Editions which is now one company with Productions D'Oz is also permitted to post your own recording. A complete list is here in this long thread

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=49798#p537327

DerekB

Post by DerekB » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:09 am

Other sources of free legal guitar music are the Iceland Guitar School and the Dos Amigos website. The Dos Amigos website has the advantage of sound versions of the music if you feel you need them. When searching make sure you enter Dos Amigos Guitar or you will get lists of restaurants.

I like a lot of the pieces in the Our Scores section. A particular favourite is Martin Ludenhoff's O'Carolan arrangements but there are plenty of others.
I've suffered for my music. Now it's your turn... - Seasick Steve

Ana Espinosa 2014 Swiss spruce/IRW
Yulong Guo 2009 640mm scale cedar/IRW

Return to “The Café”