AI making music and people listening and it is popular already...

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Years ago I wrote about it in different topics of this forum.
I expected it will come in 5-10 years,but... it is here already, and it is not JUST here, but people interested in this music and AI music making money.
My next prediction that soon big companies which doing music streaming and sales will push this AI music as their own original music...AI also could generate and publish unlimited amount of chord progressions and melodies and then claim copyright infringement on any human attempting to publish original music which could be similar to one already published by AI (bu registered under the name of corporation, owner of AI) - so what court will decide about copyright in such case?

This music will probably be introduced in all instruments and genres
And by the way - maybe there will be human performers which will perform AI music (even on classical guitar?)... :)
Welcome to the future..
some facts about it here: " while automated messaging and AI-generated music -- categories that would have been nearly unthinkable to see at music accelerators even just five years ago -- now comprise a total of 15 percent of membership. This growth in new categories mirrors wider tech investment"
http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/n ... -investors
I'd better speak by music...Please listen Andrei Krylov at Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon Prime etc. Thanks!

Andrew Pohlman

Re: AI making music and people listening and it is popular already...

Post by Andrew Pohlman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:36 pm

I don't think this is apocalyptic. The apocalypse will be in full force when robots designed by AI bots buy iPods with AI music on them using Bitcoin.

We used to say about drum machines: they are better than drummers because they never:
- are late
- show up drunk
- hit on the guitar player's girlfriend
- miss beats
- shift tempo

Humans have their place in the world - in zoos. Certainly humans can not be trusted with running the government or acts of creativity ! You realize I was not born on this planet, so I see things differently than most humans. :D
2013 Rodriguez FF Sabicas blanco
2015 Trevor Gore custom Neoclassical
- redwood top, Palo dorado B+Ss.

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:19 pm

Sure it is not apocalyptic. Sure it does not mean much or anything for classical guitar players or teachers. Sure it does not change anything for amateur composers making living by other means. But...for some folks it will make big difference...
Last edited by AndreiKrylov on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd better speak by music...Please listen Andrei Krylov at Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon Prime etc. Thanks!

MessyTendon

Post by MessyTendon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:40 pm

I think the real danger is that kids are being accepting of music that is complete and utter garbage...pop songs backed by fake drum beats, auto tuned voices...voice over harmonizing, studio magic garbage. AI isn't a fantasy, it's already here.

We need to get the kid's some instruments and tell them to be their own pop. Make it up, have fun and go with it.

I would actually welcome a robotic classical guitarist...since most people who go to prestigious music schools to study guitar already sound like robots. Might as well put em out of business.

BugDog

Post by BugDog » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:42 pm

I wonder if AI will ever enjoy music?
BugDog
There's one in every crowd.

Andrew Pohlman

Post by Andrew Pohlman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:22 pm

BugDog wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:42 pm
I wonder if AI will ever enjoy music?
Sure they will ... if they are programmed to do so. :D

AI is still programmed code. As far as I know, it is not self aware nor self altering. Quantum computers promise to do this, but that is not a reality yet. AI can only analyze and solve problems based upon programming and input/output, i.e., sensors. The apocalypse will happen when AI is so sophisticated that it decides what problems to solve based upon self-derived priorities.

If you look at self-driving cars, you see this evolution happening. So far, self-driving cars can tell what the weather is and adjust for it. But cover their sensors in a blanket of mud, and it goes blind. A human would open the window and stick their head out to see ... But how do you make a decision of two deadly outcomes? Meaning, no matter what you choose, someone will die. Right now, this is based upon half-baked ethics algorithms. When AI can decide for itself those ethics, and/or alter it's own code to alter it's ethics decisions, that's when the apocalypse is real.

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:30 pm

A story I saw the other day is AI-created artificial languages that humans can't understand. One wonders.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:23 pm

It's a fundamental law of science (fiction) that robots will always go rogue and attempt to take over the world. And from out of the devastation a voice over will intone, "the fools...the fools..."
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

Andrew Pohlman

Post by Andrew Pohlman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:00 pm

Jeffrey Armbruster wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:23 pm
It's a fundamental law of science (fiction) that robots will always go rogue and attempt to take over the world. And from out of the devastation a voice over will intone, "the fools...the fools..."
You mean like in a now forgotten 50's sci fi movie where the robots, aided by a genius robotics scientist, did take over the world. Those robots were Homo sapiens... :D What was Charleton Heston saying in the ending scene of the original Planet of the Apes ? :D

chiral3

Post by chiral3 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:00 pm

"After my match against AlphaGo, I fundamentally reconsidered the game, and now I can see that this reflection has helped me greatly. I hope all Go players can contemplate AlphaGo's understanding of the game and style of thinking, all of which is deeply meaningful. Although I lost, I discovered that the possibilities of Go are immense and that the game has continued to progress. I hope that I too can continue to progress, that my golden era will persevere for a few more years, and that I will keep growing stronger."

Absolutely brilliant.

In a few short sentences, Ke demonstrated that what he felt was a weakness--the impact of emotion--was actually his greatest strength.

It's the hurt from losing that caused Ke to engage in self-reflection, caused him to find meaning in his loss. It's emotion that inspired him to pursue growth and progress.

I see this as a remarkable example of emotional intelligence (EI), the ability to make emotions work for you instead of against you. EI is about much more than identifying our natural abilities, tendencies, strengths, and weaknesses. It involves learning to understand, manage, and maximize all of those traits, so that you can:

understand how your emotions affect your thoughts, words, and actions, and vice-versa
understand how your thoughts, words, and actions affect others
apply this knowledge to better reach your personal goals.
When we develop emotional intelligence, failure isn't bad. It's just another learning opportunity. It's about cultivating a mindset of continuous growth, continuing the journey of self-improvement.

These are also very "human" elements.

I guess the machines didn't win after all.

https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/googl ... -worl.html
Whatever catastrophe or dynamic equilibrium this will eventually lead to will be a mathematical not a moral phenomenon. - A Fryer

BellyDoc

Post by BellyDoc » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:19 pm

Photography changed painting. With the proliferation of photography, many mourned the death of painting, but their concerns were unfounded. Painters soon discovered new directions and creative avenues.

Music is no different. Artists will continue to create.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." -Sir Isaac Newton

Armin Hanika 56PF

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:48 pm

"What was Charleton Heston saying in the ending scene of the original Planet of the Apes ? :D"

They'll have to pry my gun out of my cold dead hands? No, wait, that was what he said to the National Rifle Association. Wait, "you maniacs, you blew it up! G-Damn you to Hell!" which would have worked too.
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

dory

Post by dory » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:28 am

I am just happy you are still on the forum. Welcome back!
Dory

Return to “The Café”