New Guitar! Question for multi guitar owners

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
montana

Re: New Guitar! Question for multi guitar owners

Post by montana » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Can't get the sound clip, but I'd buy it on looks alone!

CT20

Post by CT20 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:09 pm

Curse you Charles! First you make me lust after a John Dick double top, then lose sleep over A Mueller guitars, and now you present another object of obsession. Have you no shame?
Congratulations on a beautiful looking and sounding instrument!

Charles Mokotoff

Post by Charles Mokotoff » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:45 pm

CT20 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:09 pm
Curse you Charles! First you make me lust after a John Dick double top, then lose sleep over A Mueller guitars, and now you present another object of obsession. Have you no shame?
Congratulations on a beautiful looking and sounding instrument!
Enjoy it vicariously? I've been super lucky, all the guitars have been great and when I was ready to sell one, a happy buyer has been ready.
I can recommend all of them, but the Mueller is very hard to come by, he has a crazy waiting list (I heard 10 years). Both Glenn and John are in the one to two year range to wait, both highly recommended!

Bill B

Post by Bill B » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:58 pm

I think I remember fromJulian Bream's autobiography that he said when he toured he would only bring one with him, because otherwise he would get neurotic about which one to play at a concert. I can understand. but then having a backup isn't such a bad idea either. I dunno. But there are worse things to be worrying about for sure.
2013 Angel Benito Aguado
2005 Ramirez R-2

TsarL

Post by TsarL » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Charles Mokotoff wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:33 pm
Here is a clip:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjnfolr58k8b8 ... n.mp3?dl=0
Beautiful tone and beautiful playing!

Charles Mokotoff

Post by Charles Mokotoff » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:55 am

Thank you! 🙏

Ceciltguitar

Post by Ceciltguitar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:27 am

Charles, thank you for sharing the nice recording that you made of the Weiss Tombeau!

There is a simple way to relieve your stress and eliminate this quandary: send one of the guitars to me. I have not played a double top yet, and I have wanted to ever since hearing David Russell play his Damman. Any time you change your mind about which one you want, we can swap. If you eventually decide that you want just one, maybe you can sell me the other one. If you eventually decide to keep both then I will gladly return whichever one is currently in my possession.

Charles Mokotoff

Post by Charles Mokotoff » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:39 am

Good plan! I'll keep that option in mind 🤣

Dofpic

Post by Dofpic » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Ceciltguitar I hope you live close by.
Spruce,2011Fritz Ober(maple), 2015 Eric Sahlin, 2006 Greg Byers(fan not lattice)2009 Eric Monrad(maple/Brazilian/spruce)
2012 Martin Blackwell(for sale), 2001 Dominique Field(for sale)
Cedar, 2014 Joshua DeJonge( for sale)

Ceciltguitar

Post by Ceciltguitar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Probably not close enough. But I would drive that far to borrow either one of Charles' guitars.......well I would drive that far if I could figure out how to get a couple days off or work. My wife, Rose, said she is ready to go. She is always ready to go on a trip. As long as I drive. LOL.

Having read Charles' guitar adventures over 10 years and 3 guitar forums, I trust his taste and judgement in guitars enough that I might just contact the builder and see about getting on his waiting list.

Ceciltguitar

Post by Ceciltguitar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:42 pm

It would be cheaper and easier for me just to pay the shipping.

The whole post was was a mobius strip with "tongue in cheek / in jest" on one surface, and "dead serious" on the opposite side. And Charles' response was perfectly appropriate.

MessyTendon

Post by MessyTendon » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Aww come on Charles, just admit it, you wanted to show off your new toy...Or tool :)

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:33 pm

Charles Mokotoff wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:30 am
That was the Weiss Tombeau for Baron Hartig.
Thanks, Charles. Playing again . . . Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

Kevin L Benbow

Post by Kevin L Benbow » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:22 am

I have been playing background music for a few years and am beginning to Play in events where "all eyes " are on me. When I am the center of attention I will be playing my newly acquired Purnell #93 made by Jake Fuller. If amplification is needed I have a senheiser unidirectional Mic and a fender passport.

For background music I have a Cordoba c12 with a Kremona pickup if needed. The pickup sounds good whether I use the passport or if I use a Peavy electric guitar amp (which I have done in small spaces).

My rationale is that the PURNELL is simply beautiful in tone, color, and dynamic range. . . Things noticed by an attentive audience. While I love the C12 and the sound of the lattice braced cedar, it just seems to carry better in noise venues.
Note: This mind not for rent

Return to “The Café”