Thank you instructional videos

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
dory

Thank you instructional videos

Post by dory » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:04 am

Does anyone else love the instructional videos you can find on the internet? I have found Douglas Niedt particularly helpful. I initially found him because he gives good advice about barre chords. He has a nice video showing a little girl with skinny arms doing perfect, clear barre chords. Tonight I leaned how to do artificial harmonics. I don't yet know what to do with them. I play pieces that use natural harmonics but none that use artificial harmonics. However, I am having a lot of fun playing around with them. I don't know what I am going to learn next from the internet-- haven't decided yet. Yes, I do have a teacher, who is great. I just have fun getting extra tips.
Dory

skipintro

Re: Thank you instructional videos

Post by skipintro » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:21 am

Had a look at a Douglas Niedt youtube vid. I'm sure his advice is good - but so slow! A whole hour! I could only watch a few minutes.
Youtube is amazing. It seems that everybody under the sun who knows how to do anything at all, wants to explain it to us all in minute detail.
Maybe this is the human condition and is a fundamental to our world domination.
I tend to scroll through dozens of instructional sites without sticking to any one of them. I dip in to http://www.classicalguitarshed.com/ more often than some.

dory

Post by dory » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:51 pm

I onlynwatch about the first 15 minutes of Douglas Niedt. I have learned all I am going to by then.
Dory

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:22 pm

I agree that instructional videos can be a lot of fun. It's interesting (at least to me) watching experts impart their knowledge.

The ones that really amaze me are people who create websites and go to a lot of trouble organising their lessons into progressive courses. Mr Delcamp has done this with his own online lessons here and I find it truly humbling the he devoted so much time and provides these lessons for free. There's another teacher called Justin Sandercoe who created a website called justinguitar (dot com). He teaches modern acoustic and electric guitar and has similarly gone to enormous trouble to provide order and structure to his lessons which he again offers for free (although he does have ads on his site).

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:46 pm

I also enjoy instructional videos on YouTube. This is my go to place whenever I want to know something about classical guitar. Video seems to be the way of the future in regards to learning just about anything.

Rick Hutt

Post by Rick Hutt » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi Dory. I think "La Suena de la Munequita" by Barrios uses artificial harmonics. Also it is a fairly simple and beautiful piece.
2010 Pimentel & Sons Concert Grand
1970 Taurus (Barcelona)
2009 Ramundi flamenco blanca
1962 Martin 0-16
2000 Martin 000-18
1963 Epiphone 12 Str

dory

Post by dory » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:23 pm

I will look for it. Thank you. Barrios is my favorite composer and I want to use artificial harmonics.
Dory

Return to “The Café”