Guns and Guitars

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Rick Beauregard
Student of the online lessons

Re: Guns and Guitars

Post by Rick Beauregard » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:19 pm

Hotsoup wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:03 pm
Mixture shops are always interesting though. When I was in college I worked in a Marine parts store that also had a nautical art gallery attached.
That makes sense to me. I had a friend who made sculpture out of scrap metal. In Emerald Bay at Catalina Island is one of his works called "Marine Assemblage."

My hope is that maybe someone goes into a gun shop to buy a new killing machine and gets inspired and comes out with a Ramirez instead.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Hotsoup wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:03 pm
Mixture shops are always interesting though. When I was in college I worked in a Marine parts store that also had a nautical art gallery attached.
And Tchibo was always fun. We used to have them in Britain. I don't know if we still do. No, not since 2009.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:26 pm

I used to be a competitive shooter, and I can tell you that once you reach a certain skill level where all of your shots go in the X ring, shooting gets a little boring. I didn't know that things like bump stocks even existed. I quit shooting competitively because I got bored with it. Then I discovered classical guitar, and now all of my spare time is spent on playing CG, and it is much more stimulating. You also meet a better kind of people, when you play classical guitar. I've made some new best friends through CG and this website. I don't want to get political with this, I'm just saying that guitar, especially classical guitar, is more enjoyable and satisfying, in my opinion.

amezcua

Post by amezcua » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:35 pm

I bought a set of Laurel and Hardy videos and recently noticed the logo on the corner of the introduction screen. An Eagle and the letters NRA. That seems an odd combination . It`s National Recovery Administration .One of Roosevelt`s ideas . Nothing to do with rifles . I`m glad I looked that up .

Contreras

Post by Contreras » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:09 pm

Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:26 pm
I don't want to get political with this, I'm just saying that guitar, especially classical guitar, is more enjoyable and satisfying, in my opinion.
Laudiesdad69 ... Without ANY intention to offer anything other than my personal opinion (no criticism!), I would say that this is a no-brainer!
Put down the bagpipes ...
... and no one gets hurt.

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:06 pm

Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:26 pm
I used to be a competitive shooter, and I can tell you that once you reach a certain skill level where all of your shots go in the X ring, shooting gets a little boring. I didn't know that things like bump stocks even existed. I quit shooting competitively because I got bored with it. Then I discovered classical guitar, and now all of my spare time is spent on playing CG, and it is much more stimulating. You also meet a better kind of people, when you play classical guitar. I've made some new best friends through CG and this website. I don't want to get political with this, I'm just saying that guitar, especially classical guitar, is more enjoyable and satisfying, in my opinion.
I did the same thing and I still have my target rifles.
Help!

Return to “The Café”