Guns and Guitars

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Rick Beauregard
Student of the online lessons

Re: Guns and Guitars

Post by Rick Beauregard » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:19 pm

Hotsoup wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:03 pm
Mixture shops are always interesting though. When I was in college I worked in a Marine parts store that also had a nautical art gallery attached.
That makes sense to me. I had a friend who made sculpture out of scrap metal. In Emerald Bay at Catalina Island is one of his works called "Marine Assemblage."

My hope is that maybe someone goes into a gun shop to buy a new killing machine and gets inspired and comes out with a Ramirez instead.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Hotsoup wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:03 pm
Mixture shops are always interesting though. When I was in college I worked in a Marine parts store that also had a nautical art gallery attached.
And Tchibo was always fun. We used to have them in Britain. I don't know if we still do. No, not since 2009.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:26 pm

I used to be a competitive shooter, and I can tell you that once you reach a certain skill level where all of your shots go in the X ring, shooting gets a little boring. I didn't know that things like bump stocks even existed. I quit shooting competitively because I got bored with it. Then I discovered classical guitar, and now all of my spare time is spent on playing CG, and it is much more stimulating. You also meet a better kind of people, when you play classical guitar. I've made some new best friends through CG and this website. I don't want to get political with this, I'm just saying that guitar, especially classical guitar, is more enjoyable and satisfying, in my opinion.

amezcua

Post by amezcua » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:35 pm

I bought a set of Laurel and Hardy videos and recently noticed the logo on the corner of the introduction screen. An Eagle and the letters NRA. That seems an odd combination . It`s National Recovery Administration .One of Roosevelt`s ideas . Nothing to do with rifles . I`m glad I looked that up .

Return to “The Café”