Sad day...young child knows computers...maybe!

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
David Gutowski

Sad day...young child knows computers...maybe!

Post by David Gutowski » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:57 am

I've been trying to get an avatar on my account and asked one of my grand kids to help and he said he's working on it but I think he just doesn't want to admit he can't do it...and I, of course, can't accomplish the task...can anyone help me post this avatar to my account?
I've read how to do it and tried to download PIXsizer but my computer can't or just won't cooperate.
Would like to try to capture the clown playing his guitar while not being concerned the ocean behind him will soon drown him...it's my way of showing concern for things but why worry about it.
Thanks.
And I'll owe you a favor.

David V.
san-san &clown 019 (80x60).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 hard things for humans to do: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Carrillo Grand Concert '02
Yulong Guo Chamber '17
Bozo 135 '70
Washburn Rover R020
Paulino Bernabe 10 '12
Jose Ramirez 125 '10
Hernandes '73
Lake #1 '72

Jacek A. Rochacki

Re: Sad day...young child knows computers...maybe!

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:37 am

- perhaps this will work
san-san &clown 019 (80x60).gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:32 am

Jacek A. Rochacki wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:37 am
- perhaps this will work
san-san &clown 019 (80x60).gif
I'm getting so close, I can feel it...the forum still won't accept it. They say the picture has to be at a min of 60 pix wide and 60 pix high...or no more then 80x80 pix. The size you made is reading on the forum system 60x45 high...and that size should have worked but it won't go through...and I do want to express my sincere appreciation for you trying to help...very frustrating but the rules are rules and I'll keep trying.
Thanks again,
David V. :casque:
or...you could work on it a little more and try to make it (I guess) 60x60, 70x70 or 80x80 and then the bill goes up to two well deserved favors...course, I know that's not why your helping me
3 hard things for humans to do: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Yulong Guo Chamber '17
Bozo 135 '70
Washburn Rover R020
Paulino Bernabe 10 '12
Jose Ramirez 125 '10
Hernandes '73
Lake #1 '72

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:12 am

See if this one is any better:
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:36 am

Thank you, David, for your kind words; I am really sorry that I didn't make it right. I believe that what @Eric did will work fine.

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:17 am

pogmoor wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:12 am
See if this one is any better:
Hi Eric,

You got to love the word PIXEL...the forum says the picture you sent is: 79 pix wide and 59 pix high, then it says has to be min 60 pix wide and 60 pix high...so looks like I'm one PIXEL short on the high side...but then it also says max pix is 80x80 pix which should put my clown picture in the avatar window if it was min 60 high...but it won't...and my computer only seems to save pictures in .jpg... I tried Bitmap (.bmp) to save picture (whatever that is) but can't find the picture anywhere on my computer...also read how you saved picture in a different format but don't see that option on my computer either...the size you made would be perfect for my avatar because you can see the ocean painting about to drown the clown and he's not at all worried...he just keeps on playing.
Thanks for trying to help...the bills gone up to three favors-if there is ever anything I can do for you.

Last edited by David Gutowski on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yulong Guo Chamber '17
Bozo 135 '70
Washburn Rover R020
Paulino Bernabe 10 '12
Jose Ramirez 125 '10
Hernandes '73
Lake #1 '72

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:23 am

Jacek A. Rochacki wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:36 am
Thank you, David, for your kind words; I am really sorry that I didn't make it right. I believe that what @Eric did will work fine.
Hi Jacek,
Eric's picture is a little closer then the picture you sent but it still won't go through...let me know if you ever need anything.

Thanks for the help,

Yulong Guo Chamber '17
Bozo 135 '70
Washburn Rover R020
Paulino Bernabe 10 '12
Jose Ramirez 125 '10
Hernandes '73
Lake #1 '72

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:45 am

Hi David:

Please, try now
san-san 2 &clown 019 (80x60).jpg
And: do I need anyting ? oh yes, I do. It is the smile of happiness and satisfaction on faces of my Friends :) I hope that you will enjoy time spent here at this forum !

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:57 am

This one works - I tried it by replacing my own avatar temporarily! Some of the restrictions that come up in the User Control Panel when you try and upload an avatar are not mentioned in the How to Participate in the Delcamp Classical Guitar Forum section. I'll ask our chief moderator to get those updated.

If you download the jpg file to your desktop you can then easily find it to upload.

Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:03 am

pogmoor wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:57 am
This one works - I tried it by replacing my own avatar temporarily! Some of the restrictions that come up in the User Control Panel when you try and upload an avatar are not mentioned in the How to Participate in the Delcamp Classical Guitar Forum section. I'll ask our chief moderator to get those updated.

If you download the jpg file to your desktop you can then easily find it to upload.

Wow! It worked...thanks so much...don't hesitate to ask if I can be of any help.
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas...so kind of you.
And thanks for checking with the chief mod...it may help the other members and make it easier for them to get an avatar on...of course, most of them are probably a lot smarter than me when it comes to computers.

Also, this is a great day for me: I received my new Yulong Guo concert chamber double top guitar today (it's my Christmas present to myself) and I'm sure you've played some expensive guitars, in my case I haven't until today, and I must say there is a dramatic difference when you play a high end instrument...I was already hooked on playing cg but now I can't put it down...just wanted to mention it to you and to other members using the forum-if you play cg jump in, invest the money (can't take it with you) and buy one of the high end guitars...and you don't have to go overboard with a $10,000 investment. I found a brand new one on the Bay from a music store in Indiana (I think it's reverieguitars) after shopping around and doing some research for a little over $3,000...it gives you such joy to hear how great it sounds...esp. after playing the less expensive ones and you'll never go back to them.

Last edited by David Gutowski on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yulong Guo Chamber '17
Bozo 135 '70
Washburn Rover R020
Paulino Bernabe 10 '12
Jose Ramirez 125 '10
Hernandes '73
Lake #1 '72

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:54 am

Jacek A. Rochacki wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:45 am
Hi David:

Please, try now

And: do I need anyting ? oh yes, I do. It is the smile of happiness and satisfaction on faces of my Friends :) I hope that you will enjoy time spent here at this forum !
Hi Jacek,
Thanks for helping with my avatar. I put Eric's on because he checked it out and it worked on his avatar and I'm running out of energy to keep trying and thanks for the kind comments on using the forum. When I moved into my new house, I left the TV at the old one and have been playing cg ever since and I found this site and really do find it interesting. I'm also an ingrained penny pincher and love the price I had to pay to join.

My grandfather came from your country in 1912. He owned a brick yard and the competition was eating him alive so he came to America...and I'm glad he did...my father was an opera singer in New York but trained in the country where he grew up and when he left he bought a farm in Michigan... then he moved to Las Vegas and the rest is history. You're lucky to be in Poland because of the values and heritage...America is great but is very commercialized and somewhat superficial.
Thanks for the help and hope you have a wonderful Christmas...and if no one buys you an expensive present-buy one for yourself.

Hope to talk to you on the forum again...be well

Yulong Guo Chamber '17
Bozo 135 '70
Washburn Rover R020
Paulino Bernabe 10 '12
Jose Ramirez 125 '10
Hernandes '73
Lake #1 '72

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:20 am

Hi David

Thank you for your kind words - I have sent you a PM (Private Message)

With my best

Jacek A. R.

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:45 am

I hate avatars - they are too small to convey any information (depending on how you use them - mine is carefully chosen). Sometimes they are the only visuals you get of someone (if they want to publish their portrait), but you can't enlarge them to see anything. Method: try publishing it, and if the forum doesn't accept it, use Windows photo editor to chop it down another 10% until the forum does accept it.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:13 am

Andrew Fryer wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:45 am
I hate avatars - they are too small to convey any information (depending on how you use them - mine is carefully chosen). Sometimes they are the only visuals you get of someone (if they want to publish their portrait), but you can't enlarge them to see anything. Method: try publishing it, and if the forum doesn't accept it, use Windows photo editor to chop it down another 10% until the forum does accept it.
Thanks so much...if I had to do it over, I would try your method but, rest assured, after spending days trying to get the clown on my avatar I'm not touching it...looks good don't you think; the ocean( painting) is going to drown the clown and he keeps right on playing. It's my statement not to take things too seriously...you can be concerned about things but why worry about it-worrying just makes things worse...in my opinion. But, I don't have any illusions people will get the meaning behind the visual message...and that's okay...why worry about it!

Hope you have a nice holiday and thanks again for the suggestion,

Yulong Guo Chamber '17
Bozo 135 '70
Washburn Rover R020
Paulino Bernabe 10 '12
Jose Ramirez 125 '10
Hernandes '73
Lake #1 '72

Return to “The Café”