My South African Stalker?

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
soltirefa

Re: My South African Stalker?

Post by soltirefa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:48 pm

I'm going to guess that David and I are the only ones in this thread who know who this stalker is.

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:06 pm

soltirefa wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:48 pm
I'm going to guess that David and I are the only ones in this thread who know who this stalker is.
I have an idea who it could be...and I’m sort of puzzled by that behavior. :-? Maybe I have the wrong person in mind.
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:16 pm

lagartija wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:06 pm
soltirefa wrote:
I have an idea who it could be...and I’m sort of puzzled by that behavior. :-? Maybe I have the wrong person in mind.
I am not surprised at all. It's great that David pointed out those analytics.
Last edited by soltirefa on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David Norton

Post by David Norton » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:37 am

bear wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 pm

I would suspect it's someone you had locked horns with and he came up short. Chances are it was some trivial matter, which is why you can't place the person. Any difference of opinion would be enough for some.
So, can you think of any S.A.'s that you've ****** off? The other thing that occurs to me is that he may not be from South Africa. It wouldn't take much to falsify one's location.
The word you wanted was "torqued", yes? Torqued off? :)

That being said, and to be very clear: I can only GUESS who the Stalker is. An educated guess, to be sure, but still there's no way to 100% prove who it is. The circumstantial evidence is very high and points to one individual, the same man who sent me that insulting derogatory and plain awful (and not anonymous!) email in July 2015. But I can't discount the possibility that it is one of his allies/sycophants; **or** that it's someone different altogether, South Africa having a rather large population; or that it's someone local who is fraudulently posing as a South African to (ahem) torque me off.

As mentioned above, the main purpose of this post is to call out the Stalker -- who I believe lurks on Delcamp from time to time, that's pretty much the only way he'd have learned of the Sor Op. 60 videos I've posted lately -- and thereby let him or her know they are being childish and foolish.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

bear

Post by bear » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 am

David Norton wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:37 am
bear wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 pm

I would suspect it's someone you had locked horns with and he came up short. Chances are it was some trivial matter, which is why you can't place the person. Any difference of opinion would be enough for some.
So, can you think of any S.A.'s that you've ****** off? The other thing that occurs to me is that he may not be from South Africa. It wouldn't take much to falsify one's location.
The word you wanted was "torqued", yes? Torqued off? :)

That being said, and to be very clear: I can only GUESS who the Stalker is. An educated guess, to be sure, but still there's no way to 100% prove who it is. The circumstantial evidence is very high and points to one individual, the same man who sent me that insulting derogatory and plain awful (and not anonymous!) email in July 2015. But I can't discount the possibility that it is one of his allies/sycophants; **or** that it's someone different altogether, South Africa having a rather large population; or that it's someone local who is fraudulently posing as a South African to (ahem) torque me off.

As mentioned above, the main purpose of this post is to call out the Stalker -- who I believe lurks on Delcamp from time to time, that's pretty much the only way he'd have learned of the Sor Op. 60 videos I've posted lately -- and thereby let him or her know they are being childish and foolish.
I miss the days when it was acceptable to kick the crap out of people who torqued you off. This guy ought to just man up and cut the pansy she at.
2013 Jeff Medlin '37 Hauser 640mm sp
2006 Michele Della Giustina Concert 10 string 650mm ce
2005 Jose Ramirez 4E 650mm ce
2005 Manuel Rodriguez Model C3F 650mm sp
2003 Manuel Rodriguez Model D 650mm ce

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:18 am

That being said, and to be very clear: I can only GUESS who the Stalker is.
I agree with this. It's only a guess.

Addendum: Maybe it's really best to set the video so that likes/dislikes is disabled.

MessyTendon

Post by MessyTendon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:17 am

Life is too short to care about that stuff.

Light a cigar, drink some scotch, make love to somebody...Who cares about some stupid fake algorithm and cyberspace.

Don't forget to breathe. Ironic, to say such things in cyberspace.

montana

Post by montana » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:11 am

Itching to know who it could be David . Give us a hint.

Steve Ganz
Luthier

Post by Steve Ganz » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:14 am

At least you made an impression...
Steve

David Norton

Post by David Norton » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 pm

montana wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:11 am
Itching to know who it could be David . Give us a hint.
Now why would I want to risk inviting a defamation lawsuit without solid proof?
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Rognvald wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:54 pm
Hi, David,
Part of life is being able to accept negative criticism and to understand that whatever you do in life, there will always be detractors. So, move on with your life and ignore this gadfly who has made it a personal mission in his life to criticize you. And, remember, when you post on Youtube, you invite comments--both good and bad. The best revenge in life is success. Continue your passion. The most important person to please is yourself . . . if others also are pleased it is an added benefit. Playing again . . . Rognvald
Very true. If you opt for publishing your music in the net you should accept the rules, David. Just don't bother. There are so many weird people around cowardly hiding themselves behind their anonymity. A dislike button on YT is no reason to struggle with gnawing selfdoubt.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:52 am

Light a cigar, drink some scotch, make love to somebody...Who cares about some stupid fake algorithm and cyberspace. MessyTendon

Schopenhauer could not have said it better! May I suggest: Rocky Patel the Edge Habano, Camacho Ecucador and Criollo, H. Upmann 1844 Reserve, and La Gloria Cubana. If it doesn't help . . . there's no much hope left! Playing again . . .Rognvald P.S. Did I also say Glenlivet 18 year Reserve and . . . well, the rest is up to you.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

dory

Post by dory » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:23 am

Some people enjoy being mean. I am sorry David.
Dory

Peter Lovett

Post by Peter Lovett » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 am

lagartija wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:06 pm
soltirefa wrote:
So do I as, if it is the person I am thinking of, we had a civilised difference of opinion on YouTube a few years ago that prompted me to investigate who the person was. What struck me at the time was he completely ignored the points I was making while he answered to what he thought I had said. He was arguing to the point of fanaticism that only professionally trained musicians have the right to criticise a performance.

I have seen posts on this forum which refer to him so I suspect he was a member but if he still is it would be under another username than he used then and on YouTube. David, I have long held to the belief that to worry about such people is a waste of energy. Ignore them.
1994 Jim Williams lattice braced, Cedar/Tasmanian Blackwood

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:46 am

This sounds quite juvenile. I can't belive people don't have anything better to do.

Return to “The Café”