Word of the Day and the Use of the English Language

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
User avatar
Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator
Posts: 13946
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:39 am
Location: Maricopa, Arizona - USA

Word of the Day and the Use of the English Language

Post by Vito Simplicio » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:48 pm

Recently Jim (musicstand) commented that we were improving his vocabulary so I thought that it would be fun to have you share your words each day.

I'll start off with:

"Ubiquitous" - Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time. See Ubiquitous Sunsets. (Broken link removed)

I'm suggesting that we make a concerted effort to use this word in our posts at least for today (but hey no pressure).
Last edited by Vito Simplicio on Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

Sasquatch51

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Sasquatch51 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Simplicio wrote:Recently Jim (musicstand) commented that we were improving his vocabulary so I thought that it would be fun to have you share your words each day.

I'll start off with:

"Ubiquitous" - Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time. See Ubiquitous Sunets.
I'm familiar with "ubiquitous", but "sunet" is a new one on me......is it related to "sonnet"? Maybe we should make "sunet" the word of the day.... :mrgreen:

User avatar
Vesuvio
Posts: 14274
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Northern England

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:01 pm

Hello Vito,

There's a very thin line between ubiquitous and omnipresent, as my grandmother used to say,

Best wishes, V :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

User avatar
Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator
Posts: 13946
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:39 am
Location: Maricopa, Arizona - USA

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Vito Simplicio » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:04 pm

Sasquatch51 wrote: I'm familiar with "ubiquitous", but "sunet" is a new one on me......is it related to "sonnet"? Maybe we should make "sunet" the word of the day.... :mrgreen:
Ha ha ha, this won't make sense now that I've edited/corrected my typing error. :)
Last edited by Vito Simplicio on Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

Sasquatch51

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Sasquatch51 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:14 pm

Simplicio wrote:
Sasquatch51 wrote: I'm familiar with "ubiquitous", but "sunet" is a new one on me......is it related to "sonnet"? Maybe we should make "sunet" the word of the day.... :mrgreen:
Ha ha ha, this won't sense now that I've edited/corrected my typing error. :)
But, it's captured FOREVER in my quote of your original post....BWAHAHAHAHHAA :grire:


BTW...I captured a second typo then....see if you can find it.



<<<I hope I don't miss a typo in my own posts now for a while.....>>>

User avatar
Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator
Posts: 13946
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:39 am
Location: Maricopa, Arizona - USA

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Vito Simplicio » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:24 pm

Sasquatch51 wrote:BTW...I captured a second typo then....see if you can find it.
Okay I give up, where is it? :roll:
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

User avatar
Ubik
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:03 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Ubik » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:30 pm

Simplicio wrote:Recently Jim (musicstand) commented that we were improving his vocabulary so I thought that it would be fun to have you share your words each day.

I'll start off with:

"Ubiquitous" - Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time. See Ubiquitous Sunsets.

:mrgreen:


psssst, I can seeeeeeee you!
Thine eyes have scarce a charm for me

Sasquatch51

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Sasquatch51 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:30 pm

Simplicio wrote:
Sasquatch51 wrote:BTW...I captured a second typo then....see if you can find it.
Okay I give up, where is it? :roll:

Should it be "This won't sense", or "This won't make sense"? :mrgreen:

User avatar
Ubik
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:03 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Ubik » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:33 pm

Sasquatch51 wrote: But, it's uBIK captured FOREVER in my UbIk quote of your original post....BWAHAHAUBIKHAHHAA :grire:


BTW uBik...I captured a second typo uBiK then....see if you can find ubik it.



<<<I hope I don't miss uBik a typo in my own UBIK posts now for a while.....>>>

Ubik is everywhere
Thine eyes have scarce a charm for me

Sasquatch51

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Sasquatch51 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:35 pm

Ubik wrote:
Sasquatch51 wrote: But, it's uBIK captured FOREVER in my UbIk quote of your original post....BWAHAHAUBIKHAHHAA :grire:


BTW uBik...I captured a second typo uBiK then....see if you can find ubik it.



<<<I hope I don't miss uBik a typo in my own UBIK posts now for a while.....>>>

Ubik is everywhere

I get your meaning...but...see next post....

Sasquatch51

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Sasquatch51 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:35 pm

Simplicio wrote:
Sasquatch51 wrote: I'm familiar with "ubiquitous", but "sunet" is a new one on me......is it related to "sonnet"? Maybe we should make "sunet" the word of the day.... :mrgreen:
Ha ha ha, this won't sense now that I've edited/corrected my typing error. :)

He confessed here! :grire: :grire:

User avatar
Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator
Posts: 13946
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:39 am
Location: Maricopa, Arizona - USA

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Vito Simplicio » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:05 pm

Sasquatch51 wrote:
Simplicio wrote:
Sasquatch51 wrote: I'm familiar with "ubiquitous", but "sunet" is a new one on me......is it related to "sonnet"? Maybe we should make "sunet" the word of the day.... :mrgreen:
Ha ha ha, this won't sense now that I've edited/corrected my typing error. :)

He confessed here! :grire: :grire:
What would I do without you? :) Your ubiquitous presence in correcting my typo's is so much appreciated. Just so we don't hijack my thread, I'm suggesting that we all make a concerted effort to use this word today.
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

Abd El Ghani AZZI

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Abd El Ghani AZZI » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:09 pm

:grire:
This is not the "Thread Hijacking" thread... is it?
:mouton:

Sasquatch51

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Sasquatch51 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:16 pm

Simplicio wrote:
What would I do without you? :) Your ubiquitous presence in correcting my typo's is so much appreciated. Just so we don't hijack my thread, I'm suggesting that we all make a concerted effort to use this word today.
So, we should try to make the word "ubiquitous" ubiquitous?

User avatar
Vesuvio
Posts: 14274
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Northern England

Re: Word of the Day

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:17 pm

Hello fEZ,
fEZ wrote:...This is not the "Thread Hijacking" thread... is it?...
It could be, thread hijacking is ubiquitous these days,

Best wishes, V :wink:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Return to “The Café”