Welcome To The Cafe

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
hemiphractus

Re: Welcome To The Cafe

Postby hemiphractus » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:42 am

i've taken both Salsa and Merengue classes (multiple times) and I am still hopeless at it. Any coordination I can manage with my hands does not seem to translate to the rest of my anatomy. Like the music though.

DougE

Postby DougE » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:56 pm

It is good to be in the Cafe. After joining this forum I am feeling a little overwhelmed, and it is good just to relax and get used to posting. It it nice to be in a Cafe in 2011. The last time I was in a cafe with really good guitarists was in the old Xanadu in L.A. - It was the practice of Josh White Jr. to string his classical guitar with steel strings. He would tighten and loosen them each time he played to avoid stress on the instrument.

rinconchaos

Postby rinconchaos » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:03 pm

This cafe is very nice thank you for creating it

Ismael González Haro

Postby Ismael González Haro » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:37 pm

rinconchaos wrote:This cafe is very nice thank you for creating it

Yes, I agree with you, is something like a "little space" inside the forum to express whatever you want :lol:
Admira Juanita
Marizápalos 2015 Spruce (Luthier: Ángel Benito Aguado)

ewomack

Postby ewomack » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:42 am

Every forum needs a café... La vie au café c'est la vie completement... as no one has ever said, I'm sure...

Chrythes

Postby Chrythes » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi , I agree - it's always great to have a place to talk about anything.
So!
To all the film lovers out there -
I am looking for a good cinema blog/website that focuses on film analysis/theory that is still being updated.
Basically a place that provides insight into films starting from cinematography and ending up with psychoanalysis (e.g Žižek's The Pervert's Guide to Cinema ).

Thanks!

Kennethmarkhoover

Postby Kennethmarkhoover » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 am

Oh, cool! I was looking for a general all-purpose forum for non-guitar stuff. Glad I found it! :lol:

dory

Postby dory » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:26 pm

It is nice to have a general interest page. Even here I think a lot of the posts are about music, but to keep the forum active and give people a chance to post as much as they need to to download scores, it is nice to have the possibility of a non-technical post.

Dory

P.S. To reference the early part of the thread, I don't have very nice coffee but my bathroom is clean.
Dory

Amin Kawas

Postby Amin Kawas » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Yesterday I wasn't able to enter to Delcamp forum all the day, was it only me, or the site was down the whole day?

dng

Postby dng » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Yesterday I wasn't able to enter to Delcamp forum all the day, was it only me, or the site was down the whole day?

according to the return code, the interruption was for everybody, world wide, not just you.
"Nothing is more beautiful than a guitar, save perhaps two.”
-Frederic Chopin

Amin Kawas

Postby Amin Kawas » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:02 pm

dng wrote:

according to the return code, the interruption was for everybody, world wide, not just you.

Ah, okay thanks dng :)

alexandreas

Postby alexandreas » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Great space...

Manusnobleguitar

Postby Manusnobleguitar » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Hey all, new user here. Just saying hi! More info about me on my website.

PAN A575

Postby PAN A575 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Is this place licensed? I could use something a little stronger than cafe. A warm brandy wouldn't go amiss on this chilly evening.

Ian Ward

Postby Ian Ward » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:56 am

Hello all, hi from a sunny aus....... I am a new kid on the block and enjoying checking out all the forums.

Return to “The Café”