Terada Guitar Fan Club

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
lydiabixby

Re: Terada Guitar Fan Club

Post by lydiabixby » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:36 pm

Hello Whooper

What do you know about the Terada "ED200 El DeGas" model? Please. I see a lot of reference to other Terada classical models but not the El DeGas model.

Thank you for considering my question.

Regards,

Pete

a human

Post by a human » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:47 pm

If any of you fans are interested, I noticed a Terada classical offered by a pawn shop in Winston-Salem, NC on craigslist.
1965 Krempel Classical (660ish mm)
The rest come and go.

Captainbob

Post by Captainbob » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:58 am

Have just purchased my 1st Terada. Cant find any info on it. It appes to have real ivory on it and a spruce top with mahogany sides a back. Neck also is mahogany with inlays in fingerboard.
Terada model # FW 815. Could anyone here enlighten me as to materials used on this guitar?
Thanks in advance. Captainbob

redneck_nick

Post by redneck_nick » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:10 am

Hi there, I have acquired a terada model no 3188, and the serial number reads k126025. I am just trying to find out a bit more about it as i can't seem to find anything on it anywhere that matches the model number. It is one of the nicest sounding guitars i have played. Sadly she was not in great condition when I bought her, the bridge is damaged, it has a small hole in the body and quite a lot of scratches. That being said it is still a lovely guitar to play. Any info would be much appreciated. Many thanks. Nick

DavidGB

Post by DavidGB » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:49 am

Hi

I have a Terada classical guitar I bought in 1972 and some years ago a tuning peg broke so I replaced the pegs with a rather cheap set from the local music store - the only ones they had.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier of genuine Terada tuning pegs as I want to restore my guitar to it's original condition?

A little extra info: From what I can read on the label inside the guitar it is model number SU 2553.

Thanks
Last edited by DavidGB on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:37 am

Hi David, welcome to the forum. Could I ask you to introduce yourself here?

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

StephenKennedy

Post by StephenKennedy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:46 pm

hi from New Zealand.
I just bought an old Terada 12 string. It's got a small crack and even a small hole in the side but i can fix this no worries!
I can't find the serial number (any ideas).
The model number is on the black label inside the sound hole: J841

If anyone has ideas on its age, serial number location and where it was made, please ket me know.
With thanks, Stephen
playing guitars and mandolins and other folk stuff for over 30 years

johian

Post by johian » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Well its been a long time...Im not dead honest... Anyway back on page 6 and 7 I posted back in 2011 my numerous Terada guitars and info. I have just took a picture of my Terada Dove... specifically the serial number 14728 and according to Whoopers number codes my guitar would be circa 1955 but that cant be right as Gibson only started making Doves in 62.... Ok where am I being thick?

Regards Ian

johian

Post by johian » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:56 pm

a picture of the number inside the guitar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by johian on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi Ian, welcome back. Now that your initial posts have been approved, you can subscribe to the 002 group again (via this page in your user control panel), and that will enable you to post images, once the subscription has been approved (it can take a few hours for a mod to see it). The procedure for uploading images is very slightly different since the recent software update, but you'll find guidance here if you need it. You'll also find tips on a couple of other software changes here, and other useful reminders here.

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:18 am

Greetings all.

I have picked up a Terada classical guitar which once restrung and cleaned up has a good tone. It is a model 1000 and appears to be well made. Do you know anything about this model age or woods used? It is at present on sale at Hobgoblin Music Shop, Leeds, West Yorkshire UK.

Nimrod
30/1/15

Mrgroovy

Post by Mrgroovy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:27 am

Just wanted to share with all of you Terada fans here some pictures of my newly customized Terada W647. It is a 12-string guitar with serial number K906035. Haven't found any relevant information here or anywhere else to help me read the serial number. The previous owner was not quite sure himself when it was made but estimated somewhere between 1980-1990 which is probably a fair guess.

The contruction:

Both the top, side and back is laminated, as I guess most Terada guitars are. The sides and back however is made rosewood and the top is made of spruce. The bridge as well as the fretboard is also rosewood and the neck is made of mahogany.

The original nut and the saddle was made of plastic, which was replaced with unbleached bone with this upgrade.

The original tuners were quite cheap and not well made and I swapped them with some Grover mini rotomatics (205). Since the old pegholes were to small to fit the new tuners I had to expand the holes to fit the Grover-standard. Was an easy fix though.

We also swapped the original black plastic bridge pins with bone pins.

Finally the Terada was strung with D'addario 10-47 12-string set and tune to D-standard.

The sound is amazing! This thing plays loud, and a strummed chord can easilly resonate for up to 30-seconds if you want to. A really good guitar and an upgrade well worth the cost even though i spent a lot more money upgrading it with new tuners and parts (as well as setup at a luthier) than i paid for the guitar itself. If you happen to have one of these I really recommend taking it to a luthier and having a similar upgrade as I did. Enjoy the pics!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eratogh

Post by Eratogh » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:41 am

Hi there,

I have recently inherited a Terada FW 502 serial no: 46429 It's not in the greatest condition but nothing a decent luthier can't sort! I wondered if you might be able to give me any info on the build year etc, it looks like it's had quite the life!

Cheers!

Eratogh

Mikee

Post by Mikee » Tue May 26, 2015 8:12 am

G'day to everyone.

I'm a new owner of an oldish Terada (GU 3564) hummingbird style guitar and am hoping that someone out there can provide some information on it. The guitar's in pretty average condition cosmetically, has lost it's original tuners, and has plenty of knocks, bumps, strum scratches, and some missing binding, however structurally it appears to be in very good shape. The numbers 461027 and 505 are stamped on the inside of the guitar back near the neck block. It's been listed on the local internet classifieds for quite a few months, so when all others rejected it, I was the one to finally give her a new home.

Thanks in advance if you can supply any info, Mike.

gtarsc

Post by gtarsc » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:56 am

Hello Terada Fans,
I have acquired a Terada 12 string model 513 serial 46310. I am seeking information about the guitar that the model and serial might provide (such as a production date). A search of the Internet lead me here where I have enjoyed many interesting posts. Thanks for your time.

Return to “The Café”