Terada Guitar Fan Club

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Mikee

Re: Terada Guitar Fan Club

Post by Mikee » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:22 am

Hi mate, can we see some pictures please? Yr guitar and mine (above) both start with 46 on the serial number, the balance of numbers could be the production number. Or, the "4" could be the year, ie, 1974, and the rest of the numbers could be the production number for that year, who knows!

gtarsc

Post by gtarsc » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:39 am

image.jpg
Pic as requested. Same finish. Different scratch plate, but I see one in your pic that has the same scratch plate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mikee

Post by Mikee » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:41 am

Hi, thanks for posting the picture... nice 12 string.

gtarsc

Post by gtarsc » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:47 pm

Whooper wrote:Dear TFC members,

If you could find a serial number in your baby, let me know

Regards :D
Whooper
Whooper-
Hello from South Carolina.
I have a Terada 12 string model 513 serial 46310 that I am trying to obtain info on. Picked it up in a barber shop of all places- the barber had it out to see if anyone would be interested. If you have info that you can share it would be appreciated. Thanks!

mOs_cOww

Post by mOs_cOww » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:04 am

Hey all,

I have been browsing here for some time and have just finally joined!

This is my first post after introduction, I saw this thread and thought maybe you could all be of some assistance:)

I'm looking to buy this Terada model GU 3540 with a serial number 4655. She looks to be in beautiful condition and I'd love to find out a bit more info before I make an offer. If any of you have a bit of insight into it I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks! I'll try upload some images now.

bullpuppy

Terada Classical Guitar

Post by bullpuppy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi, Does anyone know about a classical model 312. Did Teresa make most of their models with lamented back and sides and spruce tops.

Tullyroberts

Post by Tullyroberts » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:22 am

Hello folks firstly I'm new to forums ect.. So I hope I'm doing this the right way. I rescued a Rena's's guitar from the landfill it's in great condition why anyone would simply dump it has me beat, but I'm trying to find it's year of birth so to speak and hope the Mr whooper San can help me out as this seems to be the only place to gather info on treads guitars.. So it's a GU 355? I think the last number is gone and the serial number stamped inside is so faint I can only make out 462 ??7 I hope Simone can help me out abit with it's age. Thanks guys

waikuentsui

Post by waikuentsui » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:25 pm

Tullyroberts wrote:Hello folks firstly I'm new to forums ect.. So I hope I'm doing this the right way. I rescued a Rena's's guitar from the landfill it's in great condition why anyone would simply dump it has me beat, but I'm trying to find it's year of birth so to speak and hope the Mr whooper San can help me out as this seems to be the only place to gather info on treads guitars.. So it's a GU 355? I think the last number is gone and the serial number stamped inside is so faint I can only make out 462 ??7 I hope Simone can help me out abit with it's age. Thanks guys
Hi Tully,

Welcome to our forum.
Since you are new to the forum, you may not know that Mr. Whooper San had not been active in the forum for a while.
Mr. Whooper San had posted some information on how to identify Terada guitars year of construction by serial number in this thread.
However that information is more relevant to Terada classical guitar models.
After 1972, Terada had stopped making classical and moved principally into steel string acoustic production.

Your guitar (could be GU 3554, GU 3556 or GU 3557) is a steel string acoustic.
I believe the Terada GU line was introduced to Australia in mid 70's to early 80's.
Other than that, I cannot give you more information.

waikuentsui

dandan

Post by dandan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:38 pm

I've got my eye on a Terada G720. Any ideas what would be a reasonable price for this guitar?
Solid spruce top and laminated jacaranda back and sides, with a really nice carved headstock.
1969 Rokutaro Nakade A9
1966 Sakazo Nakade model D
1972 Seiji Inaba
1977 Aria AG80

waikuentsui

Post by waikuentsui » Sun May 01, 2016 7:54 pm

dandan wrote:I've got my eye on a Terada G720. Any ideas what would be a reasonable price for this guitar?
Solid spruce top and laminated jacaranda back and sides, with a really nice carved headstock.
dandan,

You and I both know that guitars, in that era 1970-1980, are generally worth more "in sounds" than the asking prices. Mainly because there is little demand as well as little knowledge on these guitars.

Terada G720 is a higher model, hence the head stock carving.
It likely has a good voice and elegant look (laminated BRW back).
I don't know the market value of this guitar.

My own rule of thumb on used guitars:
Around $200 (US dollar) good buy because it can be resold quickly without much loss.
$300-$400, I would buy only if I like the guitar.
Beyond $500, it has to be a guitar that I have been wanting.
Beyond $1,000, it has to be a good guitar with a famous label.

waikuentsui

dandan

Post by dandan » Mon May 02, 2016 6:39 am

I decided against it in the end, as it looked in the pictures as though someone had sanded down the slotted part of the bridge. I did however pull the trigger on a Matsuoka MH100 from the 1980's!
1969 Rokutaro Nakade A9
1966 Sakazo Nakade model D
1972 Seiji Inaba
1977 Aria AG80

bercik1964

Post by bercik1964 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:33 am

Hi :D

I just got this guitar, it's old, very old I think - something like 60's or early 70's - can You guys identify it? Not much on the internet. I'd like to know a little more about her. Maybe it is in some catalog. Any ha\elp appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

waikuentsui

Post by waikuentsui » Thu May 19, 2016 11:17 pm

bercik1964 wrote:Hi :D

I just got this guitar, it's old, very old I think - something like 60's or early 70's - can You guys identify it? Not much on the internet. I'd like to know a little more about her. Maybe it is in some catalog. Any ha\elp appreciated
There should be a serial number stamped, possibly on the neck joint inside.
If you post the serial number, I may be able to tell you the approximate year of construction (Base on Whooper san's instructions)
The guitar does look old.
It likely was made in the 60's.

bercik1964

Post by bercik1964 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi .

Thank You for reply.

There is no number or symbol whatsoever inside - i made some photos with mobile (barely fits thru the hole ! ) so I post it. But from what I've found the sticker inside is rather old stylish one so maybe this guitar is in it's 50's... as I am. That spider web could tell us a story don't You think?
The second photo is of the neck joint.

Regards.

Gotney

Post by Gotney » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:48 pm

Hello Everyone -

At 44 years old, I am new to playing the guitar. My Mom gave me a guitar way back when I was a kid, and it mostly sat in it's case since I've owned it... that is, until a few weeks ago. After searching my my spare bedroom, basement, garage, and attic, I finally found my guitar, and it's in great shape! I just downloaded a tuner to my iPhone, twisted the strings a bit, and now I'm rocking out some E and A chords after some practice. I have no natural musical abilities, but it's fun so far!

At any rate, after strumming my guitar a bit, I became curious about what it is. The sticker inside says Teradata model # 808, with serial # 050672. Can you guys tell me anything about it?
IMG_0206.JPG
IMG_0205.JPG
Thanks!
Tom Davis

Return to “The Café”