Terada Guitar Fan Club

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
martijn970

Re: Terada Guitar Fan Club

Post by martijn970 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi, Not sure what you want me to do at the page your link points to?
GeoffB wrote:Hi Martijn, welcome to the forum. Could I ask you to introduce yourself here?

Geoff

martijn970

Post by martijn970 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:18 pm

martijn970 wrote:Hello,
I recently came across this Thumb by Terada acoustic guitar. Model is MW-40. Solid top, laminated 2 piece back, gold tuners and white binding all around body, neck and headstock. Serial # H805035-40. Inside a wooden tag that says Handmade Thumb No MW-40 Made by Terada. Any info on this model? Is it a copy of a Martin? I can't find any references to this specific model.

Greetings, Martijn
Here's a pic of the (only) "label"
Optimized-IMG_2959 (1).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:09 pm

martijn970 wrote:Hi, Not sure what you want me to do at the page your link points to?
GeoffB wrote:Hi Martijn, welcome to the forum. Could I ask you to introduce yourself here?

Geoff
We ask new members to post a brief introduction there, so that the rest of us will feel we know them a bit better, and also to give moderators a chance to greet you formally. You click on the "New Topic" button on that page and then write a few words about yourself. You can get some ideas of what to say here. Thanks.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Ishvalin

Post by Ishvalin » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:44 am

Hello Teradans!

I posted on the introduction section (though it may still be waiting for moderator approval). I specifically registered on this website as this group seems to be one of the more knowledgeable when it comes to researching Terada guitars. I recently bought a Django Reinhardt model that I cannot find any information about. Trying to date it and understand its history better.

I hope someone out there can assist!

Ish

Ishvalin

Post by Ishvalin » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:45 pm

waikuentsui wrote:
Thu May 19, 2016 11:17 pm
There should be a serial number stamped, possibly on the neck joint inside.
If you post the serial number, I may be able to tell you the approximate year of construction (Base on Whooper san's instructions)
The guitar does look old.
It likely was made in the 60's.
It's too bad that Whooper-san did not publish what serial number lists he may have had.
Waikuentsui: I have read through most of the posts on this subforum and I'm still having trouble with my serial number. It is a Django Reinhardt acoustic-electric model. I have found the serial number twice inside: one has a Kanji character that is too small to identify at the angle I can view it from followed by 606312. Further inside toward the neck brace it reads just numbers 316065, with the 5 so faint it could be an "S" but it is definitely not a "2".

Anyone with any insight: let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Ish

P.S.: I will post some pics once I can get some better shots.

waikuentsui

Post by waikuentsui » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:23 pm

Ishvalin wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:45 pm
It's too bad that Whooper-san did not publish what serial number lists he may have had.
Waikuentsui: I have read through most of the posts on this subforum and I'm still having trouble with my serial number. It is a Django Reinhardt acoustic-electric model. I have found the serial number twice inside: one has a Kanji character that is too small to identify at the angle I can view it from followed by 606312. Further inside toward the neck brace it reads just numbers 316065, with the 5 so faint it could be an "S" but it is definitely not a "2".

Anyone with any insight: let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Ish

P.S.: I will post some pics once I can get some better shots.
Base on the information from Whooper san, the serial numbers you posted "606312" and "316065" do not make much sense.
Can you post some photo of the guitar at the very least, so that I would have an idea of what it is?
If you can post photos of the label and serial #'s, it would be helpful as well.
I can read Kanji characters, unless the characters are written in cursive old style.

I cannot promise anything, but I can give it a trial.

waikuentsui

Motorcity

Post by Motorcity » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:34 pm

Found a pretty nice Terada LD 165 classical guitar recently, numbers inside seem to indicate a build date of 1972---looks to be all original. Top has aged a little darker than most of the spruce I've seen, back and sides could be laminate (though were Japanese factories doing a lot of that 45 years ago?). Found in Michigan, though it's from Nagoya and has the requisite stamps and markings. Any ideas of what work might be needed? Bridge looks decent and the neck in reasonable; this is a truss rod guitar and perhaps the adjustments (if any) might be done easily. Any thoughts would be appreciated! --Motorcity

Ozzydude09

Post by Ozzydude09 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:15 pm

I purchased a Terada 12 string Made in Japan with the Terada label Serial # is 1 0094
The model is W 623 or 632
Can anyone tell me anything about this model. The guitar sounds great, great neck for a 12 string
thank u

Return to “The Café”