Portable Stool Recommendations

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
twang

Portable Stool Recommendations

Post by twang » Mon May 18, 2015 6:28 pm

Now the that weather has turned nice again, I've started practicing outdoors in various nearby parks. I don't have a good portable seat so I've been stuck looking for spots with benches. To my surprise the spots are almost always in noisy places or in the direct sun. I've decided it would be better if I had a small portable seat I could bring along. I'd really like something that folds up and fits neatly in my pack similar to my music stand. My first thought was to get one of those simple folding camp stools. Hopefully, I could find one that worked well for holding the guitar. Before I chase one down, I figured I'd see if anyone here had a suggestion. Anyone?
"An amateur is he who takes up the study of an instrument as a relaxation from his serious occupations." -- Sor

doug

Re: Portable Stool Recommendations

Post by doug » Tue May 26, 2015 4:57 pm

I have an inexpensive aluminum folding camping stool, which is lightweight and stable, but doesn't sit very well. I place a self-inflating foam seat pad on the stool, and the combination of the two is a fairly comfortable seat. Both are easy to carry, and can be purchased at most outdoor equipment suppliers.
2017 Jason Wolverton spruce/maple. "Luz Blanca" 2015 German Vazquez Rubio "Estudio 640" SP/PE
2012 Kenny Hill New World Estudio 640, SP
2016 Kenny Hill New World Estudio 640, C

hemiphractus

Re: Portable Stool Recommendations

Post by hemiphractus » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:26 pm

I have purchased both a camp stool (triangular type, very compact) and an inexpensive folding metal stool. The seemed fine at the time, but now I realize they are too short, leaving me in a cramped position. The triangular, cloth, three simple metal legged, camp stool was not very robust either, with one of the legs poking through the gusseted support point. The folding metal stool has held up better and was only slightly less compact, so I would probably go with that in future.

Return to “The Café”