Delicious summer recipes

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
zupfgeiger

Re: Delicious summer recipes

Post by zupfgeiger » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Andrew Pohlman wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:55 pm
All of my relatives in the Midwest are hog ranchers and the children of German immigrants. Who would have thunk it? :D
Not surprising at all. :D
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:52 pm

I've never been a fan of summer pudding. In fact this photo makes it look good by omitting most of the bread. I ate it once in a good restaurant, and I didn't like it.

What I do like is lean rice pudding - milk, sugar, rice, with a nutmeg crust. To hell with rice pudding that is full of butter and cream and fruit and more butter.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

Andrew Pohlman

Post by Andrew Pohlman » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:55 pm

dory wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:07 am
I bet the goat cheese recipe would be good with one of those semi-soft, salty Mexican cheeses too. (I am not really up on my names of Mexican cheese. Cotija maybe?)
Or Schloss, a salty soft ripening cheese - I think it's base is the same as brie. It goes really well straight on crackers/baguette with a good beer. As a goat cheese substitute, I think it would do very well too! And of course, this means a romantic trip to the Marin French Cheese (formerly Rouge et Noir) factory in Marin County.

In terms of "summer recipes", this is a good outing. They have a picnic table near a lake with ducks wandering around begging for tidbits. I think I'll make up some of the recipes listed in this thread, head to the cheese factory, get some schloss and a baguette, and have a pleasant outdoor lunch with my sweetie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2013 Rodriguez FF Sabicas blanco
2015 Trevor Gore custom Neoclassical
- redwood top, Palo dorado B+Ss.

Return to “The Café”