My better-looking and more accomplished half and I went a-busking last night in a local restaurant. Evidently, a few flies followed some customers in. One of these dipteran interlopers, not yet having succumbed to the poisonous atmosphere engineered for him and his flightsome ilk, landed on the head of my guitar. We were playing a nice, contemplative piece with a Renaissance flavor to it while I idly kept an eye on the fly. He stood there, all pleased with himself, grooming and washing his eyes, like they do and prepared to buzz off after some gravy on the bus cart when *WHAP* "Mine Host" splattered him with a fly swatter. I contemplated decking the twerp but I couldn't decide which hand I wanted to hurt.
Does anybody know how to remove fly guts from a lacquered guitar? Dish detergent and water don't get it.