Your favourite Netflix series?

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Paul Janssen

Re: Your favourite Netflix series?

Post by Paul Janssen » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:54 pm

I've only just signed up to Netflix so I'm playing catch up. I love house of Cards. Just got through the first season and am about to start season 2.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:10 pm

Paul Janssen wrote:I've only just signed up to Netflix so I'm playing catch up. I love house of Cards. Just got through the first season and am about to start season 2.
But will taking all your time to watch that stuff mean that you will have to stop building piano benches?

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:15 pm

I loved watching House of Cards (3 seasons). Season 4 will be available in 2016. Did you know that House of Cards is a remake of a 1990's BBC series? Also available on Netflix. A bit outdated (no computers or smart phones) but equally great acting.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Dofpic

Post by Dofpic » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Some have listed Mad men... Wall street journal film critic said Justified was in their eyes "better". it filled with intrigue, action,tension relieved with laughter. Great combo! Still my wife's all time favorite.
2011Fritz Ober(maple), 2015 Eric Sahlin, 2006 Greg Byers(fan)2009 Eric Monrad(maple)
2012 Martin Blackwell(for sale), 2003 Tacchi Simplcio satinwood 2017 E. Bottelli 52 Hauser, 2014 Joshua DeJonge Cedar( for sale) 2002 Jeff Elliott spruce.

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:54 pm

'Still Game'
We laugh our butts off. :lol:
Help!

Linda

Post by Linda » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:26 am

Oh, I forgot about House of Cards, Erik. My husband and I watched the whole 3rd season in two days. We were like maniacs....ha ha

linea
linea

murph71

Post by murph71 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:38 am

Primer and Coherence are both fantastic films. They're pretty mind-bending and very, very clever. I recommend you watch them without reading about the plots or any synopsis so as not to spoil your enjoyment of trying to "work out" what's happening.

BWV1079

Post by BWV1079 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:40 am

Marko Räsänen wrote:I enjoyed Black Mirror.
Yes, especially episode 1...wow.

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:55 am

Ramon Amira wrote:
Paul Janssen wrote:I've only just signed up to Netflix so I'm playing catch up. I love house of Cards. Just got through the first season and am about to start season 2.
But will taking all your time to watch that stuff mean that you will have to stop building piano benches?

Ramon
Not at all - i'll come off the bench soon so I can resume my piano bench building cottage business. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jessica Thomas

Post by Jessica Thomas » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:15 pm

As others have said the content for Netflix varies from country to country (but there are ways around this). I thoroughly recommend the following;

1. The Bridge (Bron/Broen) - this is a Swedish/Danish collaboration. Is a detective drama, and is on of the best shows I have seen in a long time.
2 . The Returned (Les Revenants) - The French version (The US version is absolutely terrible in comparison). It's supernatural, about dead people returning to a village in France.
3. Hinterland - This was filmed in Aberystwyth in Wales. It was filmed in Welsh and English, but only the English version is on Netflix. It's another detective drama, and is also excellent.
4. Lillehammer - About a mobster that goes into hiding in Norway. I really enjoyed this and there was another Sopranos character that makes a cameo as well.
5. Breaking Bad - Probably one of the best TV shows I have ever seen. First season a bit slow, but stick with it.
6. Orange is the New Black - This is a comedy drama about a rich person jailed for her past association with a drug smuggler. It is actually based on a true story, but massively embellished. Probably not to everyone's taste, but an enjoyable show that requires very little thought when watching.

There are loads of others as well, but these stick out as some of the best.

rikart

Post by rikart » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:25 pm

The West Wing
rikart /warwick harte

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Paul Janssen wrote:
Ramon Amira wrote:

Ramon
Not at all - i'll come off the bench soon so I can resume my piano bench building cottage business. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Paul -

Maybe you really should start a piano bench building business. Who can stop you. You can't help it if your name is Paul Janssen. It's not even spelled the same.

Suppose some guy named Manuel Reyes starting building guitars. Isn't he entitled to sell guitars under his own name? Hmmm . . . . .

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

RoryJohn

Post by RoryJohn » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 am

Adventure Time
The horse, he kept running; the rider was bread.

henders

Post by henders » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:04 am

"Wallander", British version, a series adapted from Swedish novelist Henning Mankell's Kurt Wallander novels and starring Kenneth Branagh. Absolutely great.

FinnMcLean

Post by FinnMcLean » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:29 pm

Has to be the hilarious Outnumbered, is bang on the nail about Brittish families and leaves you dying for more.
teenage classical guitar beginner, currently getting lessons and trying to improve.

Return to “The Café”