Strings with Purple ends?

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
Peter5

Re: Strings with Purple ends?

Post by Peter5 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:04 am

Is there a preferred direction of the final end of the string ? Upwards (like in the picture of souldier above) or downwards ? Somewhere I have read it should be downwards not to possibly interact with the sleeve of the arm but I guess this could also happen with downwards. Any preferences ?

Thx
Peter

souldier

Re: Strings with Purple ends?

Post by souldier » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Peter5 wrote:Is there a preferred direction of the final end of the string ? Upwards (like in the picture of souldier above) or downwards ? Somewhere I have read it should be downwards not to possibly interact with the sleeve of the arm but I guess this could also happen with downwards. Any preferences ?

Thx
Peter
It doesn't make any difference as far as security is concerned. I can't see one's sleeve snagging on the ends unless you're playing super close to the bridge while wearing a really baggy/long sweater lol. Otherwise, I've never had my sleeve snag the ends before. I prefer tying in this direction because this is what feels the most natural perhaps because I am right handed.
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”