Knobloch active carbon cx ht

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
julindres

Knobloch active carbon cx ht

Post by julindres » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:08 pm

Does anybody out there know what tension for the whole set is?
I emailed strings by mail but they didn't know...cant find a site for the brand either...
Also anybody that has used them...tell us about them...

Thanks!!!

Adam

Re: Knobloch active carbon cx ht

Post by Adam » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:44 pm

FYI, there is a subforum for string discussions.

viewforum.php?f=43

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:28 am

Knoblochstrings.com
The web site is not up and running, but there is an email address where you can contact them!! Let us know what you learn!!
Hauser III 2014!

julindres

Post by julindres » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:35 pm

allright so I got a response from the email I sent...but, all the email said is that once their website is complete they will put the info there...so I guess we wont really kno until then

I'm currently using D'addario carbons medium tension, has anybody used this ones and the knobloch carbons? Any comments on tension? Tone? Basses?

ben etow

Post by ben etow » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Compared with the D'Addario carbs MT, you will get a lower tensed e1, higher tensed B and G, and lower tensed basses. Overall a far better balanced and more singing set, but if you loved your punchy basses, you might end up disappointed.

julindres

Post by julindres » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:30 pm

Mmmm I do like the punchiness of the basses, but do think the trebles on the D'addario's are just a little plain, tonewise...my guitar is pretty dark sounding so it tales the carbons well...but I but I would like something with anlittle bit more sweet to e on the trebeles...Ill have to try them out...which tension set did you try?

Thanks

ben etow

Post by ben etow » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:12 pm

I tried all three, years ago. The tension I know better is MT.
But I remember the HT well enough (and bought for friends) and I have a fresh memory of the D'Addario carbs NT, so start from what you want (soundwise) comparing with those D'addarios we both know.
You might want to try only the MT e1 with an otherwise whole HT set... Or just put a D'addario nylon.

julindres

Post by julindres » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:55 pm

So I put on the Knobloch high tension carbon about two days ago, so far here is what I have notice. Oh and by the way I play about 4 hours per day so Ill try the strings for two weeks so I can get a good picture of them jaja.
Compared to the D'addario normal tension Carbons the tension seems a lot less, especially on the basses and E as sated by Ben Etow. The High E is a lot sweeter on the knoblochs which is one of the problems with the daadario. The basses on the knobloch sound a lot more mellow than the daadarios, in this sense I prefer the basses on the Daddario, they sound more powerful and alive. Overall To me it sounds like the Daddarios sound more powerfull volume wise and they seem to have more presence and a brighter sound. The High E on the knobloch sounds way better but Im leaning more towards the Daddarios. I prefer the high tension feel because I can dig in the strings harder giving me more dynamic range.

As far as nylons, On my guitar the La bellas 2001 extra hard tension sound loveley. Way sweeter and warmer sounding compared to any carbon I tried. But they dont have the power and volume of the carbons...Ill probably be switching between carbons and nylons. For any recording I would use the nylons...

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:24 am

Do you really need high tension carbon and extra high tension nylon?

If you prefer the Knobloch carbons and the D'Addario basses then I would have thought you try that combination. Even better, from what I understand from your comments try the Cantiga basses with Knobloch trebles. Probably better again.

julindres

Post by julindres » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:10 am

Nice Ill try that combination next time. As far the tension is not need, I just really like high tension...I have tried low tension strings too but I personally just feel more comfortable playing higher tensions (not saying high tension is better than low at all) just personal preference

Thanks

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”