LaBella Vivace strings?

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
mando48

LaBella Vivace strings?

Post by mando48 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:02 pm

I just saw these listed on a website. Supposedly they are carbon fiber trebles with silver round carbon fiber for basses.
I ordered one set just to give it a go. If anyone has any information on these, feel free to advise.

Keith

Re: LaBella Vivace strings?

Post by Keith » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:28 am

SBM reports on their website they are not selling them at this time due to a redesign.
be true to the one you love but have many flings with different guitars

mando48

Post by mando48 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:54 am

Are they redesigning the string, the packaging ,or the marketing?

Aaron Green
Luthier

Post by Aaron Green » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:59 am

There was a manufacturing miscalculation on the part of one of their partners. Nothing untoward, just needed to be rectified. All reports indicate these are a huge leap forward for carbon trebles.
Aaron Green, Luthier

Guitarists unite to help Anthony Weller. PM me to ask how you may do so as well.

tubeman

Post by tubeman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:12 am

SBM appears to be selling them as of today (April 12, 2017).
Greg Byers 2016 cedar/Ind (for sale)
Randy Angella 2009 sp/Br (for sale)

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:19 am

Well, the marketing is certainly creative. They talk of the trebles strings 'brightness or carbon' and 'penetrating brilliance' - but coupled with 'warmth' and 'unprecedented beauty'.

Frankly I have never yet heard a warm, beautiful string with penetrating brilliance. I am not sure they can coexist. Happy to try them if reviews here are positive but I am always sceptical after reading such marketing rubbish.

tubeman

Post by tubeman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:53 am

petermc61 wrote:Well, the marketing is certainly creative. They talk of the trebles strings 'brightness or carbon' and 'penetrating brilliance' - but coupled with 'warmth' and 'unprecedented beauty'.

Frankly I have never yet heard a warm, beautiful string with penetrating brilliance. I am not sure they can coexist. Happy to try them if reviews here are positive but I am always sceptical after reading such marketing rubbish.
Yes, that's quite a contradictory statement! Not sure I want to gamble $14 until I read some reviews, too.

tubeman

Post by tubeman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:17 pm

I wrote SBM about the contradictory description and asked if anyone there had tried them. They replied, "Thank you for your email.
Yes I think they meant Bright and Full sounding. They are a bit thicker and very high tension like the D'Addario new carbon strings."

hoangle8

Post by hoangle8 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Bought them from SBM almost 1 month ago, but only hook them on today to replace the Hannabach Goldie. I agree with you, they sound rather like Dáddario, which is rather tuby and dull for the trebles.
The bass strings , well actually all strings seem unforgiving for your left hands ? due to the big diameter size.
Naturally, it can be due to my personal skill limitation...but anyhow, I immediately removed them and replaced with the Optima carbon.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”