LaBella Vivace strings?

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
mando48

LaBella Vivace strings?

Post by mando48 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:02 pm

I just saw these listed on a website. Supposedly they are carbon fiber trebles with silver round carbon fiber for basses.
I ordered one set just to give it a go. If anyone has any information on these, feel free to advise.

Keith

Re: LaBella Vivace strings?

Post by Keith » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:28 am

SBM reports on their website they are not selling them at this time due to a redesign.
be true to the one you love but have many flings with different guitars

guitarras en la espiritu de la:
Marcelo Barbero
Jose Ramirez III

mando48

Post by mando48 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:54 am

Are they redesigning the string, the packaging ,or the marketing?

Aaron Green
Luthier

Post by Aaron Green » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:59 am

There was a manufacturing miscalculation on the part of one of their partners. Nothing untoward, just needed to be rectified. All reports indicate these are a huge leap forward for carbon trebles.
Aaron Green, Luthier

Guitarists unite to help Anthony Weller. PM me to ask how you may do so as well.

tubeman

Post by tubeman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:12 am

SBM appears to be selling them as of today (April 12, 2017).
Randy Angella 2009 sp/Br (for sale)

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:19 am

Well, the marketing is certainly creative. They talk of the trebles strings 'brightness or carbon' and 'penetrating brilliance' - but coupled with 'warmth' and 'unprecedented beauty'.

Frankly I have never yet heard a warm, beautiful string with penetrating brilliance. I am not sure they can coexist. Happy to try them if reviews here are positive but I am always sceptical after reading such marketing rubbish.

tubeman

Post by tubeman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:53 am

petermc61 wrote:Well, the marketing is certainly creative. They talk of the trebles strings 'brightness or carbon' and 'penetrating brilliance' - but coupled with 'warmth' and 'unprecedented beauty'.

Frankly I have never yet heard a warm, beautiful string with penetrating brilliance. I am not sure they can coexist. Happy to try them if reviews here are positive but I am always sceptical after reading such marketing rubbish.
Yes, that's quite a contradictory statement! Not sure I want to gamble $14 until I read some reviews, too.

tubeman

Post by tubeman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:17 pm

I wrote SBM about the contradictory description and asked if anyone there had tried them. They replied, "Thank you for your email.
Yes I think they meant Bright and Full sounding. They are a bit thicker and very high tension like the D'Addario new carbon strings."

hoangle8

Post by hoangle8 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Bought them from SBM almost 1 month ago, but only hook them on today to replace the Hannabach Goldie. I agree with you, they sound rather like Dáddario, which is rather tuby and dull for the trebles.
The bass strings , well actually all strings seem unforgiving for your left hands ? due to the big diameter size.
Naturally, it can be due to my personal skill limitation...but anyhow, I immediately removed them and replaced with the Optima carbon.

Theo

Post by Theo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:25 pm

Have now tested several sets of both the normal tension and high tension Vivace trebles.

So far the intonation has been considerably better than most other carbon trebles!

They don't sound dull at all on either of the guitars I have tried them on - the Cervantes or the Pimentel.
Ben Silva German Spruce/Indian Rosewood
Cervantes Milenia PE - Cedar/Palo Escrito
Pimentel Grand Concert Cutaway - German Spruce/Indian Rosewood
Godin Nylon Multiac
Guild GAD-30PCE Steel String Cutaway
Guild 1974 d-25c Dread
Seagull Artist Peppino Dread

MessyTendon

Post by MessyTendon » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Carbon trebles=fishing lines...So don't fuss over brand A or B...not saying they are all the same, but look at the string widths as the specs...you need to spec the string based on tension and tensile strength...

Find the various string guages that make your guitar respond best. It doesn't necessarily matter what brand of carbon string it is. You might need one particular string from another manufacture mixed in with another to get the best sound, or you might be just fine with a factory set of strings.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”