Bernabé strings on Bernabé guitar?

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
es335
Posts: 1256
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Bernabé strings on Bernabé guitar?

Post by es335 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:19 am

Iain wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 8:31 pm
... Does anyone know who makes them?
No, big secret! :wink:

Iain
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Re: Bernabé strings on Bernabé guitar?

Post by Iain » Sun May 21, 2017 6:39 pm

D'Addario?

es335
Posts: 1256
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Bernabé strings on Bernabé guitar?

Post by es335 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:31 am

Iain wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 6:39 pm
D'Addario?
Definitely not!

Bernabe strings feature carbon trebles and were in the market long before d'Addario introduced their EJ4x FF trebles! :wink:

User avatar
georgemarousi
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:10 am

Re: Bernabé strings on Bernabé guitar?

Post by georgemarousi » Tue May 23, 2017 8:56 am

I have also heared / suspect who makes them, but is doesn't matter as they are made out of specifications that are according to Bernabe.. So someone would not find them elsewhere ! Not to mention the many tests I have done with many brands - nothing comes even close at quality and tone on my Bernabe especial cedar top.
--Classicals--
Paulino Bernabe Especial 2009
Ramirez 1A 1980
Alhambra Luthier india 2012
Juan Martinez nr 55 (the return @2014)
Yamaha cg 110 (as a kid @88)
--
student again since 2015, to my degree @..? - God bless!

Iain
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Re: Bernabé strings on Bernabé guitar?

Post by Iain » Fri May 26, 2017 4:38 pm

georgemarousi wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 8:56 am
I have also heared / suspect who makes them, but is doesn't matter as they are made out of specifications that are according to Bernabe.. So someone would not find them elsewhere ! Not to mention the many tests I have done with many brands - nothing comes even close at quality and tone on my Bernabe especial cedar top.
I also have a Bernabe Especial cedar top, I did try the Bernabe strings, however, after much experimenting with other strings I have settled on LaBella Argento pure silver, pricey but worth it, we only live once, might as well have decent strings on the old box.

User avatar
georgemarousi
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:10 am

Re: Bernabé strings on Bernabé guitar?

Post by georgemarousi » Sat May 27, 2017 1:01 am

Iain wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 4:38 pm

I also have a Bernabe Especial cedar top, I did try the Bernabe strings, however, after much experimenting with other strings I have settled on LaBella Argento pure silver, pricey but worth it, we only live once, might as well have decent strings on the old box.
Thanks for the info! wow, too pricey set at 50$ !!! I would may give it a try in a special occasion, though I see it has clear nylon trebles and i prefer the carbon side..
--Classicals--
Paulino Bernabe Especial 2009
Ramirez 1A 1980
Alhambra Luthier india 2012
Juan Martinez nr 55 (the return @2014)
Yamaha cg 110 (as a kid @88)
--
student again since 2015, to my degree @..? - God bless!

Iain
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Re: Bernabé strings on Bernabé guitar?

Post by Iain » Sat May 27, 2017 3:41 pm

georgemarousi wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 1:01 am
Iain wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 4:38 pm

I also have a Bernabe Especial cedar top, I did try the Bernabe strings, however, after much experimenting with other strings I have settled on LaBella Argento pure silver, pricey but worth it, we only live once, might as well have decent strings on the old box.
Thanks for the info! wow, too pricey set at 50$ !!! I would may give it a try in a special occasion, though I see it has clear nylon trebles and i prefer the carbon side..
They give you one set of nylon trebles and one set of carbon trebles with each set, I like to mix the carbon G string with the nylon B and E, I find the carbon G is brighter with more sustain than the nylon.

es335
Posts: 1256
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Bernabé strings on Bernabé guitar?

Post by es335 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:33 am

Iain wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 3:41 pm
... They give you one set of nylon trebles and one set of carbon trebles with each set, I like to mix the carbon G string with the nylon B and E, I find the carbon G is brighter with more sustain than the nylon.
The treble sets are clear Nylon and rectified Nylon if my memory serves me well. :wink:

Iain
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Re: Bernabé strings on Bernabé guitar?

Post by Iain » Sun May 28, 2017 12:09 pm

es335 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 8:33 am
Iain wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 3:41 pm
... They give you one set of nylon trebles and one set of carbon trebles with each set, I like to mix the carbon G string with the nylon B and E, I find the carbon G is brighter with more sustain than the nylon.
The treble sets are clear Nylon and rectified Nylon if my memory serves me well. :wink:
Correct, well spotted, they have rectified nylon, I was getting them mixed up with the last set of Savarez I bought, that had carbon trebles.

JayGuitar
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:55 am

Re: Bernabé strings on Bernabé guitar?

Post by JayGuitar » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:01 am

I used the Bernabe strings on my Bernabe Gold Medaille cedar top and it sounded fantastic. Big sound, bright and round notes. I don't use them on all the time as thesound is a bit too bright for my taste, they seem to be high tension and most importantly, they are expensive. I still have two sets left.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”