Chinese classical guitar strings??

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
Laudiesdad69
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Chinese classical guitar strings??

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:48 pm

At $6.99 a set from SBM, I've been using henSe 500 MT. It just makes sense to buy a bunch of packs at a time and save on shipping costs. I bought these to try and was really impressed. They give you an extra d string with each set.and they sound golden toned on my Spruce.

Laudiesdad69
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Chinese classical guitar strings??

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:58 pm

petermc61 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 11:31 pm
I found a set of AC-109N on the Bay for about US$5/set including delivery. I ordered a set out of curiosity. (The listing actually said 6 sets, but I am presuming that's an error).
Peter, did you try the Alice AC-109N yet? How many sets came? Did you like them?

User avatar
petermc61
Posts: 5948
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:11 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Chinese classical guitar strings??

Post by petermc61 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:43 am

Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:58 pm
petermc61 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 11:31 pm
I found a set of AC-109N on the Bay for about US$5/set including delivery. I ordered a set out of curiosity. (The listing actually said 6 sets, but I am presuming that's an error).
Peter, did you try the Alice AC-109N yet? How many sets came? Did you like them?
I have received them but have not had a chance to try them yet. Just too busy on other things. Sad thing is I also have a set of Pirastro stings I promised to try maybe 9-12 months ago that are also in the queue for evaluation. I really do need to lift my game! :roll:

es335
Posts: 1218
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Chinese classical guitar strings??

Post by es335 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:18 pm

petermc61 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:43 am
... Sad thing is I also have a set of Pirastro stings I promised to try maybe 9-12 months ago that are also in the queue for evaluation. I really do need to lift my game! :roll:
You're quite a "bit" behind your schedule not to forget about the Pepe Romero strings and so on and so on ... :lol:

... anyway, my Pirastro HT treble set is waiting almost as long for its evaluation. :(

User avatar
petermc61
Posts: 5948
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:11 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Chinese classical guitar strings??

Post by petermc61 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:28 pm

es335 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:18 pm
petermc61 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:43 am
... Sad thing is I also have a set of Pirastro stings I promised to try maybe 9-12 months ago that are also in the queue for evaluation. I really do need to lift my game! :roll:
You're quite a "bit" behind your schedule not to forget about the Pepe Romero strings and so on and so on ... :lol:

... anyway, my Pirastro HT treble set is waiting almost as long for it's evaluation
Oh yes, several types of Pepe Romero too!! :shock: I'd already forgotten about those!

User avatar
bacsidoan
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 1:59 am

Re: Chinese classical guitar strings??

Post by bacsidoan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:26 pm

petermc61 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:28 pm
es335 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:18 pm
petermc61 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:43 am
... Sad thing is I also have a set of Pirastro stings I promised to try maybe 9-12 months ago that are also in the queue for evaluation. I really do need to lift my game! :roll:
You're quite a "bit" behind your schedule not to forget about the Pepe Romero strings and so on and so on ... :lol:

... anyway, my Pirastro HT treble set is waiting almost as long for it's evaluation
Oh yes, several types of Pepe Romero too!! :shock: I'd already forgotten about those!
You've been sitting on your laurels a little too long :wink:

User avatar
petermc61
Posts: 5948
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:11 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Chinese classical guitar strings??

Post by petermc61 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:01 am

bacsidoan wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:26 pm
petermc61 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:28 pm
es335 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:18 pm

You're quite a "bit" behind your schedule not to forget about the Pepe Romero strings and so on and so on ... :lol:

... anyway, my Pirastro HT treble set is waiting almost as long for it's evaluation
Oh yes, several types of Pepe Romero too!! :shock: I'd already forgotten about those!
You've been sitting on your laurels a little too long :wink:
Yes, I really do need to lift my game!

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”