Luthier 30 with Super Carbon Trebles

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
rojarosguitar

Luthier 30 with Super Carbon Trebles

Post by rojarosguitar » Sat May 20, 2017 10:04 am

Anybody tried these? Luthier 30 Set Super Carbon 101...
I put them on my Stenzel cedar just out of curiosity and found that the carbon trebles sound rounder and less metalic (almost not at all) compared to other carbon trebles, especially Savarez...

Any other experiences here?
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...
My Youtube Channel is: TheMusicalEvents

Theo

Re: Luthier 30 with Super Carbon Trebles

Post by Theo » Sat May 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Yes - what a pleasant surprise.

Purchased a set of the trebles a while back and finally tried them on the Cervantes.
Both the power and tone are excellent. There's reports on the forum about inconsistent intonation but so far so good!
They also sound great on the Pimentel for DADGAD tuning.

However, they are overpowering on the Ben Silva spruce with it's thin top and french polish like every other carbon I've tried.
Ben Silva German Spruce/Indian Rosewood
Cervantes Milenia PE - Cedar/Palo Escrito
Pimentel Grand Concert Cutaway - German Spruce/Indian Rosewood
Godin Nylon Multiac
Guild GAD-30PCE Steel String Cutaway
Guild 1974 d-25c Dread
Seagull Artist Peppino Dread

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Sun May 21, 2017 5:41 am

There are maybe some small intonation issues - I thought due to the compensation that would have to be slightly different for these strings, but I found such issues often on carbon strings, and often much stronger (many of them played rather quite sharp while these are a pinch on the flat side)
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

Eberhard Mueller

Post by Eberhard Mueller » Sun May 21, 2017 6:18 am

Yes, used them, 3 sets on several guitars, and found myself discarding the carbon trebles, due to intonation issues which came up after a week or so. The bases were OK and I used those with D'Addario treble sets.
Neil Douglas 2001 (German Spruce / German Maple)
Neil Douglas 1992 (Engelmann Spruce / Brazilian Rosewood)
La Patrie Motif
Cordoba Mini M

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Mon May 22, 2017 10:06 am

Yes, the intonation problems showed up only after a while. That's a pitty because the carbon trebles sounded quite nice compared to most carbon strings I know.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”