Augustine classic black

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
Jeffrey Armbruster

Augustine classic black

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Tue May 30, 2017 10:37 pm

I'm trying these now and really like them. One caveat: allergies have wreaked havoc on my hearing, which comes and goes, so I have to wait for the season to get better to really know the sound these strings produce for sure.

these strings play easier--even much easier--than D'addario ej45's, at least to my touch. And they (seem) to sound better, or at least as good in a different way. I like the trebles especially. I haven't tried too many brands of strings but this is the first set of 'low' tension strings that work great on my guitar(they're listed as MT trebles and LT bass, but even the trebles play softer than the ej45's); everything else has been a disappointment in some way. So I'm really pleased about that. But the basses seem to be wearing earlier than the D'addarios.

My early impressions.
Last edited by Jeffrey Armbruster on Tue May 30, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

mmapag

Re: Augustine classic black

Post by mmapag » Tue May 30, 2017 10:50 pm

I like them and think the trebles are superior to EJ45. I think the basses wear quickly. A combination I have uses and like in the past was Augustine Black Trebles and Savarez Cantiga Basses (with Galli Carbonio 3rd).
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S
'99 G.V. Rubio Estudio, Cedar, Palo Escrito

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”