RC JG Dynamic White

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
APK

RC JG Dynamic White

Post by APK » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi,

I attended a guitar festival recently and received, as part of the registration package, a set of medium tension Royal Classic JC Dynamic White strings. They were donated by Strings by Mail and, in response to an email in which I asked for information about tone, composition, etc., Matt wrote the following: "it is a new material. The tine falls right in between nylon and carbon. Please give them a try. They are very unique."

Has anyone had experience with the JC Dynamic Whites? I'd be very interested to hear what people think.

Best,
A

Eberhard Mueller

Re: RC JG Dynamic White

Post by Eberhard Mueller » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:00 am

I've been using a complimentary set from SBM, for about 2 weeks now. I think they well earn the description "dynamic." I find them capable of louder playing and greater dynamic range compared to what I've been using (Galli Titanio, light or medium.) Tone wise and nuance? OK, very nice, but no better! The trebles are on the, full, "sweeter" side and not so much brilliant or brighter. Personally, the dynamic range is not necessary for my living room playing context, and the cost, on the premium end is a deterrent. At the moment I have no idea of their longevity, and thus overall economy of using them. One other matter, although I find RC's medium tension OK, I would prefer light tension. However the RC are not available in lights, only medium or hard.

I like to purchase strings on the lower end price range, buy lots for a price break, and change them frequently, every 3-4 weeks. To me, fresh strings always sound better! Perhaps, I will change my mind about that in a few more weeks of using the RCs? They are very nice strings, in any case.
Neil Douglas 2001 (German Spruce / German Maple)
Neil Douglas 1992 (Engelmann Spruce / Brazilian Rosewood)
La Patrie Motif
Cordoba Mini M

APK

Re: RC JG Dynamic White

Post by APK » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:27 pm

Thank you, Eberhard, for the detailed and balanced response. I appreciate having your sense of both the strengths and the weaknesses of the Dynamic Whites.

A

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”