Augustine Regal Blue wrong set inside+Rusty Hannabach

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
Mr.Rain

Augustine Regal Blue wrong set inside+Rusty Hannabach

Post by Mr.Rain » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:05 am

Hi all

I just ordered a set (at amazon) of Augustine Regal Blue and got a set of Classic Black :twisted: .
The external packing was the correct but the set on the inside wasn't , thinking if I should try to order other set...

Did any body had the same issue?

I am wondering if this is a common issue... :roll:

I also ordered a set of Hannabach 815 HT and found the bass strings has rust spots, i think the paper packing is not the best idea IMHO...
Did anybody had this problem?
(as I cannot find any place selling just the trebles in amazon separately, I fear I'll just save the trebles and live with it)

:bye:

petermc61

Re: Augustine Regal Blue wrong set inside+Rusty Hannabach

Post by petermc61 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:54 am

You should thank your luck. The Classic Black is the better sounding set. If you were REALLY lucky you'd have got some Imperial Black!!! (Better yet)

As for the Hannabach, sounds like old stock to me. You could send them back but I doubt they will sound much different to a 'perfect' set.

Mr.Rain

Post by Mr.Rain » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:10 am

petermc61 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:54 am
You should thank your luck. The Classic Black is the better sounding set. If you were REALLY lucky you'd have got some Imperial Black!!! (Better yet)

As for the Hannabach, sounds like old stock to me. You could send them back but I doubt they will sound much different to a 'perfect' set.
I already have a set of Augustine classic black around :D. (they are not imperial but classic)

It is for a 630mm scale guitar, i really need the tension I have a set of ej44c and I feel the trebles are still weak(i want them to sound rounder) compared to the bass... :mrgreen:

astro64

Post by astro64 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:29 pm

Mr.Rain wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:05 am
Hi all

I just ordered a set (at amazon) of Augustine Regal Blue and got a set of Classic Black :twisted: .
The external packing was the correct but the set on the inside wasn't , thinking if I should try to order other set...

I also ordered a set of Hannabach 815 HT and found the bass strings has rust spots, i think the paper packing is not the best idea IMHO...
(as I cannot find any place selling just the trebles in amazon separately, I fear I'll just save the trebles and live with it)

I suggest changing your member name to avoid rust spots.... :D

Mr.Rain

Post by Mr.Rain » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:01 pm

:lol:
astro64 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:29 pm
Mr.Rain wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:05 am
Hi all

I suggest changing your member name to avoid rust spots.... :D
i do not discard the option,
It is being kind of crappy Friday, technically speaking I paid 20 pounds for half set :lol: (and got a set to give away to my normal scale friends :P)

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:05 pm

Ah, I see the problem here. 'Ordered from Amazon!' Have you not heard of Strings By Mail.
Augustine Blacks may be good for tone , but Hannabach is hard to beat for their high tension. Then again Augustine Regal was a very good choice and It's too bad you didn't get the correct strings.
So for future reference remember SBM (Strings By Mail)!
Hauser III 2014!

Mr.Rain

Post by Mr.Rain » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 pm

Jack Douglas wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:05 pm
Ah, I see the problem here. 'Ordered from Amazon!' Have you not heard of Strings By Mail.
Augustine Blacks may be good for tone , but Hannabach is hard to beat for their high tension. Then again Augustine Regal was a very good choice and It's too bad you didn't get the correct strings.
I know about SBM, the issue is Amazon dispatches the items to my door in 2 days :contrat:(registered agency shipping) ... SBM means me having to go to a post depot 1 hour from my place :twisted: in a scary shithole (Welcome to Ireland's postal service reality...)

So all is relative :D

Mr.Rain

Post by Mr.Rain » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 pm

dup

souldier

Post by souldier » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Mr.Rain wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 pm
Jack Douglas wrote:
I know about SBM, the issue is Amazon dispatches the items to my door in 2 days :contrat:(registered agency shipping) ... SBM means me having to go to a post depot 1 hour from my place :twisted: in a scary shithole (Welcome to Ireland's postal service reality...)

Wow that sounds rough. SBM doesn't have the ability to ship directly to your door? Are there no better Europe based online guitar shops?
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

Mr.Rain

Post by Mr.Rain » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:31 pm

souldier wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:42 pm
Mr.Rain wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 pm
Jack Douglas wrote:

Wow that sounds rough. SBM doesn't have the ability to ship directly to your door? Are there no better Europe based online guitar shops?

The issue is the postal service in Ireland... it really sucks... in 6 years I have not received 1 registered parcel with the post service (just attempt of delivery notes and not all the times...).

Amazon uses an agency for the deliveries(most of the times) so is 9 out 10 hassle free..

es335

Post by es335 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:15 am

You may try Schneidermusik in Germany where Hannabach 815 is even cheaper than their re-import from the US.
They ship EU wide and even beyond, though this will not solve your postal service issue in Ireland.

Mr.Rain

Post by Mr.Rain » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:12 am

es335 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:15 am
You may try Schneidermusik in Germany where Hannabach 815 is even cheaper than their re-import from the US.
They ship EU wide and even beyond, though this will not solve your postal service issue in Ireland.
Thanks for the Tip, I'll give them a go and bulk order next time ( sounds like joke to have to buy German strings to the US from Ireland :mrgreen: )

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:43 pm

petermc61 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:54 am

So is this for both the trebles and bass? I'm starting to use classic black trebles with Savarez Cantigas. Now, should I try the Imperial trebles? sheesh.
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

es335

Post by es335 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Augustin's nomenclature is that Classics, Imperials or Regals stands for the trebles and Black, Red or Blue for the basses, both ascending from low to high tension. :wink:

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:58 pm

So is this for both the trebles and bass? I'm starting to use classic black trebles with Savarez Cantigas. Now, should I try the Imperial trebles? sheesh.
I think the Imperial trebles are a better match for the Cantiga basses than the Classic trebles, that's all. Mari 100p probably better again.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”