What are some unusual strings?

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
Gorn

Re: What are some unusual strings?

Post by Gorn » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:00 am

Bax Burgess wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:26 pm
I've just now looked online for that brand, but alas, it doesn't appear to be easily had. Where did you find Carbon Line?
In Germany, you can buy it at Schneider Musik (schneidermusik.de). I don't know, if they ship to the States or who distributes them.
Maybe the manufacturer can help you: https://kuerschnermusiksaiten.wordpress.com/

Keith

Post by Keith » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 am

not really unusual but definitely pushing the envelope: Daniel Mari 200 trebles. Probably the best nylon trebles out there.

as for strings with unusual colors--Hannebach flamenco (peach color) and La Bella 820 flamenco (redish purple)
be true to the one you love but have many flings with different guitars

Bax Burgess

Post by Bax Burgess » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:54 pm

rojarosguitar wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:29 am
AQUILA Alabastro ... Basses nylgut multi-filament, trebles nylgut monofilaments ... a modern take on gut strings.
I'm currently testing those - now on their third guitar. Distinct, and even across the strings. They will be added to my permanent stash.

Bax Burgess

Post by Bax Burgess » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Gorn wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:00 am
Bax Burgess wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:26 pm
I've just now looked online for that brand, but alas, it doesn't appear to be easily had. Where did you find Carbon Line?
In Germany, you can buy it at Schneider Musik (schneidermusik.de). I don't know, if they ship to the States or who distributes them.
Maybe the manufacturer can help you: https://kuerschnermusiksaiten.wordpress.com/
Thanks much. I'm going to order them through Schneider Musik.

Bax Burgess

Post by Bax Burgess » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Keith wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 am
not really unusual but definitely pushing the envelope: Daniel Mari 200 trebles. Probably the best nylon trebles out there.

as for strings with unusual colors--Hannebach flamenco (peach color) and La Bella 820 flamenco (redish purple)
I'm going to order a set. The Mari's, absolutely.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”