Savarez Strings - 520P

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
christine33

Re: Savarez Strings - 520P

Postby christine33 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:24 am

Supperconductor wrote:...
Naturally, I had thought of that. ...

Should have known you better, supperconductor :oops: , I'd never seen this kind of strings

es335

Postby es335 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:59 am

Supperconductor wrote: ...
Naturally, I had thought of that. But the set I had was capped with that red plastic material at both ends. Neither end would go through the holes in the bridge.

That's really an issue with them. I use them for an old German Lute guitar which has a bridge with end pins and here it works perfectly.

The feeling is really odd but tonewise I really like them. Significantly more harmonics than Nylons, a very nice G string - no tubby at all, very good modulation capability, more flexible and thus responsive and a nice tonal weight. I never tried them on a CG but from what they did to my German Lute guitar, they might be a very nice alternative to Carbon ... provided you can accept scratchy strings for the trebles as well ... and of course they suit your bridge! :wink:

jferris

Postby jferris » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:44 am

I've just taken these strings off of my Ramirez. I have mixed feelings about this particular set of strings. I found the feeling to be strange at first, having played them on a Kohno over here in California. I was interested enough to try them, so I took the chance. They feel pleasant for the right hand. I really like the way the b and g feel on the nails. However, the diameter was an issue for me. Well, for the g string anyways. It didn't quit fit well enough in the nut and created some tuning issues. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but that's my only complaint.
"The Guitar is the instrument most complete and richest in its harmonic and polyphonic possibilities."
- Manuel de Falla

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”