The Best Warm Treble Strings?

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
jstroud

Re: The Best Warm Treble Strings?

Post by jstroud » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:44 pm

awesome cant wait to see it sean. as far as warm strings the hannabach 900's on my byers sound wonderful will keep them on for a while before i try the rectified dadarrios...so how long of a wait do you have for the Reynoso???

oski79

Post by oski79 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Sean wrote:
And it's official - I'm commissioning Mr. Reynoso for a cedar/IR guitar!
Have you broken the news to Dake yet???
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Sean

Post by Sean » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:27 am

Naw - ol' Dake can take care of himself! :lol:

I'm expecting the instrument to arrive in the Spring -- I've gotta call Mr. Reynoso this week and nail down the finer points - and finish paying it off! Needless to say, I'm pretty durn excited!

bacsidoan

Post by bacsidoan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:26 am

Sean wrote:Naw - ol' Dake can take care of himself! :lol:

I'm expecting the instrument to arrive in the Spring -- I've gotta call Mr. Reynoso this week and nail down the finer points - and finish paying it off! Needless to say, I'm pretty durn excited!
So the new Fink did not do it for you eh. It just shows that GAS will afflict us all. I sincerely doubt that this would be the last guitar that you order :)

oski79

Post by oski79 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Sean wrote:I've gotta call Mr. Reynoso this week and nail down the finer points - and finish paying it off! Needless to say, I'm pretty durn excited!
I just looked at his website. Seems like a good excuse for you to take a trip to Santa Barbara next spring!
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

CG-phile

Post by CG-phile » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:39 pm

jstroud wrote:Does anyone have an opinion on the trebles that are warm, sweet but still offer sustain and clarity?
D'Addario Pro Arte EJ46 nylon 1st and 2nd with a Savarez Alliance 543J carbon 3rd. This combination is warm and sweet but still offers sustain and clarity on my guitars.
Sean wrote:And it's official - I'm commissioning Mr. Reynoso for a cedar/IR guitar!
Congrats on the new guitar! I really like the simple yet elegant aesthetics of Reynoso guitars, especially the headstock with the relief carved keystone and crown designs. I also like the darker colors he typically uses for the rosettes and the smaller proportions of the body. Kind of reminds me of the original Clarita... it may just become that long sought 'Cedarita' after all!
"Classical guitar... my escape from everyday technocentrism!"

Sean

Post by Sean » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:54 pm

bacsidoan wrote:
Sean wrote:Naw - ol' Dake can take care of himself! :lol:

So the new Fink did not do it for you eh. It just shows that GAS will afflict us all. I sincerely doubt that this would be the last guitar that you order :)
The Finck has a nice 3 inch crack in the soundboard - it still plays and has a lovely tone. My wife actually pulled the Reynoso off as a surprise - needless to say, it worked!

I'd like to head down to Georgia (please, no Charlie Daniels jokes here) for the GFA next year, but I'm pretty disappointed with the folks who're going to be there, so I dunno. I might drop in on the Cincinnati week next summer.

Sean

Post by Sean » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm

oski79 wrote:You think he got to 6200+ posts, by sleeping??? :lol:
Geez! I've definitely spent too much time here!

oski79

Post by oski79 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:25 am

Sean wrote:My wife actually pulled the Reynoso off as a surprise - needless to say, it worked!
That is truly one awesome surprise!

bacsidoan

Post by bacsidoan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:43 am

oski79 wrote:
Sean wrote:My wife actually pulled the Reynoso off as a surprise - needless to say, it worked!
That is truly one awesome surprise!
Some Guys Have All The Luck!

jstroud

Post by jstroud » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:41 am

hey sean david russesl and marco feri are no slouches looks to me some great players what am i missing.?

Sean

Post by Sean » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:24 am

jstroud wrote:hey sean david russesl and marco feri are no slouches looks to me some great players what am i missing.?
Huh?

jstroud

Post by jstroud » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:06 pm

you said you were probably not going to the GFA this year? just mentioned a few fav players to entice you. i can then see your new guitar.

Sean

Post by Sean » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:40 pm

Sorry - I couldn't figure that out! Can you tell I'm getting old?!?

No flies on David Russell, although he isn't my favorite player. Mr. Reynoso is, I believe, going to attend the GFA convention in Georgia. Shoot, it might be worth going just to meet remmus/summer!

Post by 2255089 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:54 am

jstroud wrote:Does anyone have an opinion on the trebles that are warm, sweet but still offer sustain and clarity?
I just purchased at set of the Wyres Silvered/Nylons. Seems to be pure silver on top of a nylon ?
Very, rich warm sound with 50% more sustain. they work well on my Ignacio Roza Cedar toped concert

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”