The Best Warm Treble Strings?

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
Elitista2

Re: The Best Warm Treble Strings?

Post by Elitista2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Dofpic wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:23 pm
Any new thoughts on this threads title? I have one guitar with a terrific top eno matter what string I put on it pops sustains but still a bit shrill. Any other string suggestions? No carbons please.
The most mellow strings are Augustine classic or Hannabach 815.
I use Augustine blue or Hannabach 815 silver special black label medium tension
Also Daddario j45 are good mellow strings ( nylon core or composites).
Never find anything better.
2012 Ramirez Elite

ddray

Post by ddray » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:26 pm

souldier wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:20 pm
rojarosguitar wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:54 am
souldier wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:01 pm
In terms of warmth, color and complexity my go to is still La Bella 2001's. What I've learned over and over though is that changing strings can only go so far. The inherit sound of the guitar will still always come through, so even the warmest string can only go so far to remedy a shrill top E string.
Are you talking abgout the whole set or just trebles? As to the trebles I quite like them in terms of 'warmth', but they sound a bit stiffer than Imperials (less singing). The 2001 basses are not the warmest sounding basses to my ears...
Yes definitely referring to the trebles. Basses are quite average but they get the job done. I find the imperials to be more bright and punchy probably due to the higher tension.
What tension La Bellas do you use? I might give those a try.

souldier

Post by souldier » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:43 pm

ddray wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:26 pm
souldier wrote:
rojarosguitar wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:54 am

Are you talking abgout the whole set or just trebles? As to the trebles I quite like them in terms of 'warmth', but they sound a bit stiffer than Imperials (less singing). The 2001 basses are not the warmest sounding basses to my ears...
Yes definitely referring to the trebles. Basses are quite average but they get the job done. I find the imperials to be more bright and punchy probably due to the higher tension.
Medium tension. If I buy a full set I get the medium-hard tension, which has the exact same trebles with slightly higher tension basses. They start sounding their best after a few days.
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

ddray

Post by ddray » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:29 pm

souldier wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:43 pm
ddray wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:26 pm
souldier wrote:

Medium tension. If I buy a full set I get the medium-hard tension, which has the exact same trebles with slightly higher tension basses. They start sounding their best after a few days.
Thanks, I think I'll get a set. I'm wanting to get away from low tension strings for awhile and never really liked D'Addario mediums all that much.

MessyTendon

Post by MessyTendon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:02 pm

Luthier Popular Supremes are a nice no nonsense nylon string. I think they are fairly good lasting on the basses.Not too pricey either.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”