Best string for Hauser

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
sml

Best string for Hauser

Post by sml » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:17 am

I've received my new Hauser III for about 2 months now. I've tried out different strings on her including Hauser normal tension, EXP45 and Galli genius nylon hard tension. Grateful for any experience/recommendation on other strings which I should try to bring the best of this wonderful instrument.

User avatar
bacsidoan
Posts: 2302
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 1:59 am

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by bacsidoan » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:13 pm

For my 1999 Maple Hauser III:

Basses: LaBella Argento pure silver, medium tension
Trebles: Sevilla, medium tension

Jack Douglas
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Ashland, Va

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by Jack Douglas » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:46 pm

I see this is an older post. Perhaps it's time to take another poll. Have any of you who own a Hauser tried the Hauser low tension strings and if so what's your opinion?
Hauser III 2014!

UKsteve
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:48 pm
Location: St Albans, UK

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by UKsteve » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:47 pm

Jack Douglas wrote:Have any of you who own a Hauser tried the Hauser low tension strings and if so what's your opinion?
I've not tried them but when I asked the Hausers which strings to use on a Hauser that's exactly what they suggested...not unsurprisingly.
I'd love to have a go but theyre not exactly available at your local corner shop.

I really like good ole EJ45 or LaBella 2001 medium tension. They sound great, so I don't feel much urge to shop around. I have tried some of the more esoteric recomendations 'round here (e.g. Mari 100p), but haven't found a huge difference. TBH, pretty much anything reasonable on a Hauser sounds nice.

Jack Douglas
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Ashland, Va

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by Jack Douglas » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:09 pm

UKsteve wrote:
Jack Douglas wrote:Have any of you who own a Hauser tried the Hauser low tension strings and if so what's your opinion?
I've not tried them but when I asked the Hausers which strings to use on a Hauser that's exactly what they suggested...not unsurprisingly.
I'd love to have a go but theyre not exactly available at your local corner shop.

I really like good ole EJ45 or LaBella 2001 medium tension. They sound great, so I don't feel much urge to shop around. I have tried some of the more esoteric recomendations 'round here (e.g. Mari 100p), but haven't found a huge difference. TBH, pretty much anything reasonable on a Hauser sounds nice.
I'm sold on their strings and plan to order some in bulk. I installed my set of Low Tension Hauser strings last night and I just tuned up a few minutes ago. They are beautiful.
Medium tension strings came on the guitar and were very nice, but I'm giving the low tension Hauser strings a +1 above the medium. I'll try normal tension after the low tension strings are ready to be swapped out.

Thanks for your reply.
Jack
Hauser III 2014!

User avatar
bacsidoan
Posts: 2302
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 1:59 am

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by bacsidoan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Jack Douglas wrote:I see this is an older post. Perhaps it's time to take another poll. Have any of you who own a Hauser tried the Hauser low tension strings and if so what's your opinion?
PICS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jack Douglas
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Ashland, Va

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by Jack Douglas » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:55 pm

IMG_0749.JPG
IMG_0750.JPG
Pictures of

New Hauser III and Strings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hauser III 2014!

Jack Douglas
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Ashland, Va

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by Jack Douglas » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:16 pm

bacsidoan wrote:
Jack Douglas wrote:I see this is an older post. Perhaps it's time to take another poll. Have any of you who own a Hauser tried the Hauser low tension strings and if so what's your opinion?
PICS.jpg

Here you go!
IMG_0750.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hauser III 2014!

User avatar
bacsidoan
Posts: 2302
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 1:59 am

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by bacsidoan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:01 pm

Thank you Jack. BTW congratulations! I am forever a Hauser III fan.

Jack Douglas
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Ashland, Va

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by Jack Douglas » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:26 am

bacsidoan wrote:Thank you Jack. BTW congratulations! I am forever a Hauser III fan.
Thanks very much. Message sent to you!
Jack
Hauser III 2014!

Lovemyguitar
Posts: 2875
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:50 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by Lovemyguitar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:46 am

That is a beautiful guitar. Can we see a picture (or two) of the whole instrument? The strings are, um, nice, but you know, they're just strings! :wink:

souldier
Posts: 680
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:45 pm

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by souldier » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:43 pm

That's my first time to see or hear of Hauser strings. Are they any better than other strings and are they hard to find in North America?
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

Jack Douglas
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Ashland, Va

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by Jack Douglas » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:44 am

Lovemyguitar wrote:That is a beautiful guitar. Can we see a picture (or two) of the whole instrument? The strings are, um, nice, but you know, they're just strings! :wink:
Hauser Pictures
IMG_0751.JPG
IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0753.JPG
IMG_0756.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hauser III 2014!

Jack Douglas
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:37 am
Location: Ashland, Va

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by Jack Douglas » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:05 am

souldier wrote:That's my first time to see or hear of Hauser strings. Are they any better than other strings and are they hard to find in North America?
The Hauser strings are excellent. As you know strings are personal and subjective. I have a good friend who is exclaiming the virtues of Pepe Romero strings and I'm the same way about Hauser strings.
As far as I know they are only available at Zaveletas and Trilogy in the States and are expensive. They are listed on the Stafford Guitar site in The UK and cheaper there even with shipping, etc.
I don't know whether Hauser will sell to non customers, but they certainly offer their strings if you have one of their instruments. That's a good question and I don't know the answer.
I've tried many different high quality strings and have my favorites; Hannabach, Pyramid, Augustine, Aranjuez, Royal Classics all excellent strings.
However, since being exposed to The Hauser brand, I plan to order a dozen sets of Hauser strings because I like their feel, how quickly they settle in, that there's no floppy G string and how beautiful they sound.
I hope this helps.
Hauser III 2014!

Jabberwocky
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:46 am

Re: Best string for Hauser

Post by Jabberwocky » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:07 am

From my seat, I cannot help but ogle at the build quality of a Hauser III. It leaps out of the page.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 9 guests