Dogal...The best treble strings I have ever played.

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
BlueJay7850

Re: Dogal...The best treble strings I have ever played.

Post by BlueJay7850 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:20 pm

http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/clas ... rong-1075/

This website sells just the trebles.

MichaelBrock

Post by MichaelBrock » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:30 pm

I am in the process of buying new strings. I have been using Oasis GPX in normal tension since they first beta tested them here on the forums. I really like them but thought I would try something new just for the sake of change. I really like the reviews the Dogal Diamante trebles have received but the basses seem to be universally panned. Any recommendations on bass strings to pair with them? I rather like the Oasis bass strings, would they pair decently with the Diamantes?

Thanks

Michael

Norman Spencer

Post by Norman Spencer » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:53 pm

The Oasis bass strings do work well with the Diamante trebles on my Ramirez. D'Addario composites also work. I am starting to think that one can simply use their favourite basses and enjoy a good result.

MichaelBrock

Post by MichaelBrock » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanks for the reply! I did some research based on your suggestion of the D'addario composites and found some further support for the view that they would work well with the Diamantes. I think I'll give them a try.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:29 pm

I use Savarez Cantiga medium tension with Dogal strong tension on several guitars and find this an excellent combination that you might consider trying.

Peter

MichaelBrock

Post by MichaelBrock » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:22 pm

I ended up pairing the D'Addario EJ45C basses with the Dogal Diamante Regular Tension Treble Set and am extremely happy with both.

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:25 pm

petermc61 wrote:I use Savarez Cantiga medium tension with Dogal strong tension on several guitars and find this an excellent combination that you might consider trying.

Peter
Ditto... I just ordered few sets of Cantiga bass and Hanabach bass (purple) to match with the Dogal treble.

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:23 pm

This thread gives much credit to Dogal stings. I tried them as well, and I am not so impressed. Basses are not bad but less impressive than my regular Savarez Corum Alliance. They sound "neutral", to put it friendly. Trebles are not sharp at all, smoother than most other Carbon strings. Thicker as well and easy to play. Exception: The G string is quite dull and imprecise. Could not stand the sound and got back to my Savarez Carbon on G after one day. But I really like Dogal's 1. and 2. string.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017

Dofpic

Post by Dofpic » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:46 am

I just put the medium tension trebles paired with Labella pure silver argento basses on my latest "new " guitar the Tacchi Simplicio and it is divine sounding. Of course any stings on this guitar sound good but his pair is wonderful in tone and projection.
2011Fritz Ober(maple), 2015 Eric Sahlin, 2006 Greg Byers(fan)2009 Eric Monrad(maple)
2012 Martin Blackwell(for sale), 2003 Tacchi Simplcio satinwood 2017 E. Bottelli 52 Hauser, 2014 Joshua DeJonge Cedar( for sale) 2002 Jeff Elliott spruce.

Joseph Ehrenpreis

Post by Joseph Ehrenpreis » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:03 am

Recently tried these trebles, I do enjoy them. However, they seem to be a bit quieter than the savarez carbon strings I usually use. I'm sure with time one can adapt to any string.

hyz

Post by hyz » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:46 am

Joseph Ehrenpreis wrote:Recently tried these trebles, I do enjoy them. However, they seem to be a bit quieter than the savarez carbon strings I usually use. I'm sure with time one can adapt to any string.
I feel the same too.

hyz

Supperconductor

Post by Supperconductor » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:02 am

I agree, but the Dogals are a lot less stress on my left hand finger tips. Th Savarez carbons feel really thin and sharp after an hour of practice.
- Kam

2012 Hippner Hauser SP/IR
[Savarez Corum 500R Normal Basses
La Bella RN-L Rectified Nylon Light Trebles]

Dofpic

Post by Dofpic » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:44 am

For me it is the best combination of projection and tone. While carbons do project better the tone for me is not a beautiful sound. I would sacrifice projection for tone. Same for guitars!
2011Fritz Ober(maple), 2015 Eric Sahlin, 2006 Greg Byers(fan)2009 Eric Monrad(maple)
2012 Martin Blackwell(for sale), 2003 Tacchi Simplcio satinwood 2017 E. Bottelli 52 Hauser, 2014 Joshua DeJonge Cedar( for sale) 2002 Jeff Elliott spruce.

karlbruma

Post by karlbruma » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi

You can buy only the trebles in Strings by Mail:

Best

pentatonia

Post by pentatonia » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:07 am

Dofpic wrote:For me it is the best combination of projection and tone. While carbons do project better the tone for me is not a beautiful sound. I would sacrifice projection for tone. Same for guitars!
I have also used dogal trebles and believe they are of a different class. Fist time I matched them with La Bella Argento Pure Silver and was a really perfect combination. BUT... When I matched them with Dr. Junger Mysterion basses the effect was just sublime in tone and progression as well. Comparing Argento with Mysterion I realized that Argento is one of the best (if bot the best) basses of the same string league. Mysterion is totally different kind of string, having better tonal identity without being verbose even from the fist minute on the guitar. I'd like to know your thoughts if you ever use them.
Giannis Paleodimopoulos
spruce lattice /western canadian cedar / brazilian rosewood / double back.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”