Dogal...The best treble strings I have ever played.

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
ben etow

Re: Dogal...The best treble strings I have ever played.

Post by ben etow » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:45 pm

petermc61 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:22 pm
ben etow wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:15 pm
I've just put a Diamante "soft" B. After 18 hours, It feels and sounds like a low tension bright sounding nylon (Savarez New Cristal as to sound and feel, not tensionwise). The sustain is much lower than the same notes on both my first Optima carbon NT and my third Dr. Junger supersona LT (and both seem to sound warmer!).
I don't think this B will make it through 48 hours.

I wasn't convinced either by their lightest tension first on another guitar, so I think it's the last time I put Dogal strings on any guitar. There are so many better options IMO...
Ben

Not sure whether this will address your concerns but try the Strong tension (which are really low tension). The Soft you tried are very low in tension and have never impressed me. The Strong do, on the right guitar.

Regards
Peter
Thanks Peter. Could you elaborate on the "right" guitar?
Are you thinking about a dark sounding one (typical, even old, cedar) which would need clarity?

Would Dogal use different material for its soft tension and strong tension strings (in which case I may hope for something more suitable)?
The one I tried really look and sound like nylon to me. And I've been playing for more than 20 nearly exclusively with carbons...

Best regards.
Ben

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”