D'Addario Pro Arte Carbon EJ45FF

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
rojarosguitar

Re: D'Addario Pro Arte Carbon EJ45FF

Post by rojarosguitar » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:51 am

Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:24 am
PeterMC61 got me turned on to the Dogal Diamante trebles. The 1st string was a little pingy at first, but after a few days it settled down. The G sounds a lot like regular nylon, just without the tubby. They are very clear sounding and they really aren't stiff feeling, we'll the 1st string was a little stiff at first. I either got used to the feel or it changed as I don't notice that any more.

The balance between the trebles and the basses (in this case Cantiga) is quite nice. The overall volume is more balanced between high and low. The previous carbon strings I had used were the Savarez Alliance, which were rather cold and sterile sounding. The hybrid Diamante trebles have a certain degree of sweetness to them in addition to being clear sounding. I will try the D'Addario after these are ready to be replaced just because I have never tried them. I know they will be less expensive.

So far the Diamante seem to be the best of both worlds. The G string would make a good replacement for the Ramirez or Alliance 3rd that many people use.
Which tension did you try?
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:04 pm

rojarosguitar wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:51 am
Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:24 am
PeterMC61 got me turned on to the Dogal Diamante trebles. The 1st string was a little pingy at first, but after a few days it settled down. The G sounds a lot like regular nylon, just without the tubby. They are very clear sounding and they really aren't stiff feeling, we'll the 1st string was a little stiff at first. I either got used to the feel or it changed as I don't notice that any more.

The balance between the trebles and the basses (in this case Cantiga) is quite nice. The overall volume is more balanced between high and low. The previous carbon strings I had used were the Savarez Alliance, which were rather cold and sterile sounding. The hybrid Diamante trebles have a certain degree of sweetness to them in addition to being clear sounding. I will try the D'Addario after these are ready to be replaced just because I have never tried them. I know they will be less expensive.

So far the Diamante seem to be the best of both worlds. The G string would make a good replacement for the Ramirez or Alliance 3rd that many people use.
Which tension did you try?
I used med tension bases and strong Diamante trebles.

Dave Stott

Post by Dave Stott » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:04 pm

I'm curious about the Dogal Diamante treble strings... Is their "strong" tension similar to Savarez Normal?
2015 Cordoba GK Pro Negra
2015 Cordoba Solista Cedar
2003 H-12 Froggy Bottom
1989 Takamine E-30 Classical

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:26 am

Dave Stott wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:04 pm
I'm curious about the Dogal Diamante treble strings... Is their "strong" tension similar to Savarez Normal?
The Diamante string trebles are 38.79 lbs tension and the Savarez med tension Alliance trebles are
43.26 lbs tension, so about 4 .5 lbs difference. This info is available from SBM on their website. What basses are you using?

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”