Pedal guitars, Mathematical Model of the Guitar, Strings, etc by:Y.Kertsopoulos

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
kertsopoulos

Re: Pedal guitars, Mathematical Model of the Guitar, Strings, etc by:Y.Kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:05 pm

gophison wrote:
chiral3 wrote:I am really impressed that Erik immediately knew the answer. I think he wins the internet today.

feel the same. Admiration for Erik.

The "Kertsopoulos aesthetics" platform of guitar and string construction and the interpretation on it by Smaro Gregoriadou were known to the Delcamp people using the forum many years ago. For instance, when one writes today "Kertsopoulos Delcamp" on the Google browser it gives you more than 3.700 results. As an example, please view the copy-pasted post from Wednesday 03 December 2008, 03:21 am, Posted by the user davie on this same Delcamp forum written on a topic called: ...Re: Smaro Gregoriadou plays Bach on Kertopoulos guitar..., which can be found at this link:http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/viewtopic.php?t=33762.It reads the following: ...I just discovered gregoriadou's website and searched the Delcamp forums to see if anyone else had posted about it, where I found this thread.
The site is: http://smarogregoriadou.com -- check it out, it's amazing!
On the "List of Guitars" link, there are details and great photos of six of her guitars. They are built by Greek luthier Yorgos Kertsopoulos. There is a link, "Kertsopoulous Aesthetics" about the luthier's design philosophy.
The navigation in the guitars area is a little strange -- click the "Read More" link on a guitar to open a page of thumbnail photos. Click any of the thumbnails and a "viewer" window appears with a enlarged photo. In the viewer window, mouse over the photo to get "previous" and "next" buttons. You may have to scroll down to close the viewer with the 'X' at the bottom of the viewer.
The youtube videos don't do justice to these instruments. The woodworking and detailing is unlike anything I've ever seen on a guitar. Some have oddly-shaped and oddly-placed sound ports in the soundboard, sides, and/or back. Some have movable 'pedals' on the back that expose ports on the back of the guitar. I'm guessing that moving these around would have significant effects on the instrument's timbre. There's even a rectangular guitar (which also has a movable back panel). The combination of woods, inlays, and engraving on these instruments is incredible. To me, they look both antique and futuristic at the same time. Be sure to check out the scalloped neck from the side view. How she manages to play this in tune is beyond my comprehension.
The "Videos" area links to a number of videos on youtube with gregoriadou playing these instruments. I was especially blown away by "Marathonas" by Kertsopoulos -- amazing playing!...
So, when at least on the Delcamp site there are at least more than 3.700 mentions and topics concerning the "Kertsopoulos Aesthetics" platform of guitar and string construction and the interpretation on it by Smaro Gregoriadou, why all this "...I am really impressed that Erik immediately knew the answer. I think he wins the internet today..." by the first user of this present topic and why the "...feel the same. Admiration for Erik..." by the second user? Can you please explain, so we can all understand what you exactly mean? Both of you. It will be useful so no misunderstanding will occur especially when with my work as a reference you are addressing Erik, a third person whom I respect very much. Clear words and clear meanings so nobody gets misunderstood. Waiting from both of you your explanations, take care, Yorgos.

kertsopoulos

Re: Pedal guitars, Mathematical Model of the Guitar, Strings, etc by:Y.Kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:49 pm

The "Classical Guitar Magazine" has posted on its Facebook timeline the following: ...Here's a modern piece by Štěpán Rak that sounds like a timeless work from centuries ago, played divinely by Greek guitarist Smaro Gregoriadou - Reinventing guitar on a very cool instrument crafted by "Kertsopoulos aesthetics" methodology;Guitars & Strings... It refers to its site at the URL as found below:
http://classicalguitarmagazine.com/video-pick-of-the-week-smaro-gregoriadou-plays-stepan-raks-temptation-of-the-renaissance/
The specific video has been posted and can be found already in this topic.

kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Smaro Gregoriadou interprets Las Abejas (The Bees) by Agustín Barrios Mangoré (1885-1944). Pedal guitar in metallonylon trebles. Guitar/strings: KERTSOPOULOS AESTHETICS http://www.kertsopoulosaesthetics.blogspot.com. Smaro is a recording artist of DELOS http://www.delosmus.com Video/audio recordings: AN-ART ARTISTRY http://www.an-art.com.
Smaro Gregoriadou: Reinventing Guitar! http://www.smarogregoriadou.com

Youtube

kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:57 pm

'Sound', composed by Yorgos Kertsopoulos. Performed by Morten Spanggaard Pedersen, guitar.
The guitar is a Humphrey upgraded to "Kertsopoulos Aesthetics" employing now a right hand pedal effect.
Edited and filmed by Yorgos Delis: yorgosdelis.com.

kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:02 am

Smaro Gregoriadou has transcribed and interprets Air Variations "The Harmonious Blacksmith" from Suite No. 5 in E major, HWV 430 by G. F. Handel. The piece is performed on a high-tuned pedal guitar with scalloped frets and movable back of Kertsopoulos design and construction. This piece is included in Smaro's CD "Reinventing guitar, Vol. 2" released by DELOS. Live in Athens, AN-ART ARTISTRY, 5 November 2012.

Youtube

kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:27 am

Originally for lute & harpsichord, this Prelude is transcribed and interpreted by Smaro Gregoriadou on high-tuned guitar with scalloped fingerboard and brilliant timbre, representing Kertsopoulos Aesthetics*. Live in Athens, Parnassos Concert Hall, 31/1/98.
Youtube

kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:34 pm

Smaro Gregoriadou has transcribed and interprets Scarlatti Sonata K1/L366 on a double-course pedal guitar of Kertsopoulos design and construction. This Sonata is included in Smaro's CD "Reinventing guitar, Vol. 2" released by DELOS. Live in Athens, AN-ART ARTISTRY, 5 November 2012.

Youtube

kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:43 pm

kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:10 pm

kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:42 am

The Logy suite in A minor at the ninth fret higher tuning, a major sixth higher than the normal tuning.

Youtube

kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:56 am

The Logy Suite in A minor interpreted at the seventh fret higher tuning, tuned a perfect fifth higher than the normal tuning.

Youtube

kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:09 am

The suite in A minor by John Anton Logy (1650-1721) is interpreted by Yorgos Kertsopoulos in the 3d fret higher tuning (a minor third higher than normal).

Youtube
Last edited by kertsopoulos on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:10 pm

The Logy suite in A minor interpreted at the fifth fret tuning, where open strings=the tuning of the guitar at the fifth fret under normal tuning. This tuning was the lowest tuning achieved by the vihuela at its flourishing period within the rennaissance.

Youtube

kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:10 pm

Here is the "Pneumatic foot pedal guitar" with an excerpt from my arrangement of "Greensleeves" for two
guitars, one guitar tuned in normal tuning and the other guitar tuned one octave higher.

Youtube

kertsopoulos

Postby kertsopoulos » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:37 pm

KERTSOPOULOS PNEUMATIC PEDAL GUITAR.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Members' Announcements”